Refs @ Duke... | Syracusefan.com

Refs @ Duke...

RealMcNeil

Master of the House / Keeper of the Inn
Were surprisingly solid last night. They let both teams play, which I think was to our benefit. Some questionable calls on both sides, but kept it pretty consistent throughout.

I actually agree, they certainly favored Duke throughout the game especially that bogus call on Zion, missed over the back, and missed carrying call. They were certainly not as bad as I anticipated though.

I thought they were horrible early on, but overall called a decent game.

I think it was Frank's second foul, that looked to be a phantom foul on Zion's layup.
Jones seemed to have his hands all over our guards, but as usual they quit calling hand checking once we reach conference play. Also seemed like there was some contact on his steals, a couple were clean, but he was reaching though the body to get the ball on the others imo.
Not sure how all 3 refs could miss Barrett's palming/double dribble.
Wasnt a fan of the over the back on Sidibe or the lack of over the backs called against Duke.
But overall, they did a decent job, especially since it was at Cameron.

Last edited:
they were alright. i thought there were a couple instances where they might have gone to the monitor but instead were told to keep it moving cuz the KANSAS fans wanted their game to start on time.

Was there a "kick" that wasn't called along the far sideline on one of our first possessions, that resulted in a breakaway for Duke?
There was a bunch of players in the area and I couldn't exactly tell if just a crappy bounce pass that got picked off, or was a kick that wasn't called resulting in an easy momentum building bucket for the devils.

I can only say, that if Syracuse had guys as big and physical as Duke who were constantly banging on O and D, they would have been fouled out in the first half.

They were so so. The few worst calls though went against us though.

Refs let them play. Duke got a bunch of calls in the first half but in the second half we hacked Zion every time he touched the ball and they didn’t call most of them. Brick-ett was hip-checking him on nearly every entry pass. Being that the game was at Duke I honestly expected our entire front line to foul out, so I’m not gonna complain about the calls.

Refs let them play. Duke got a bunch of calls in the first half but in the second half we hacked Zion every time he touched the ball and they didn’t call most of them. Brick-ett was hip-checking him on nearly every entry pass. Being that the game was at Duke I honestly expected our entire front line to foul out, so I’m not gonna complain about the calls.
Considering the foul trouble in the 1st half it worked out very well for us. Refs definitely let the players play which was great.

We got at least one (I think two) out of bounds calls that should have gone the other way. I’d say at least one player draped on Zion the entire second half cancels out the over the back, etc. no calls. I prefer the refs let the game play out unless it’s egregious, and I think they did that well with a few exceptions that I’d expect from any crew.

Were surprisingly solid last night. They let both teams play, which I think was to our benefit. Some questionable calls on both sides, but kept it pretty consistent throughout.

Oh, BS! Our centers were getting fouls without even touching anyone!
Sidibe on the "over the back" call that even Bilas said was wrong during the game.
Chukwu got a call for a foul on WIlliamson near the basket when he waved at the ball and missed.
That was some TERRIBLE home town officiating last night.

I think they did a nice job. Kept both HOF's whining on the sideline and didn't get too obvious in the make up calls.

There were a couple make-up calls in the second half. I agree with that.

agreed. it almost seemed to me watching that zion would suddenly disappear into one of revolving clothes racks you see in some stores and then emerge out the other side and score.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom