Remaining 12 conference games. | Syracusefan.com

Remaining 12 conference games.

Eric15

Living Legend
What win-loss record from here on out will be acceptable to you? In our 12 remaining conference games, my goal is 9-3. That will put us at 27-4 going into the BET and we should be in strong position for a 1 seed with a good showing in New York.

I think @ Pitt and @ Marquette are going to be extremely tough games, and I also expect Louisville in the Dome to be a war.

What win-loss record from here on out will be acceptable to you? In our 12 remaining conference games, my goal is 9-3. That will put us at 27-4 going into the BET and we should be in strong position for a 1 seed with a good showing in New York.

I think @ Pitt and @ Marquette are going to be extremely tough games, and I also expect Louisville in the Dome to be a war.

I said the same thing that I would sign up right now for a 27-4 finish. That will probably mean we win the league or at least tie for the top spot. That would also keep us in the running for a #1 seed and our worst case scenario would be a 2 seed.

Hmmm hard to say. If and when is Southy back?

I think even without James 9-3 is very doable. I'd prefer 10-2 with neither loss being to Lville or Marq.

Anything worse than 9-3 and id be disappointed

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Dont like the Pitt matchup at all, I could see us dropping one to Gtown as well unfortunately. Not overly concerned about the Marquette game to be honest but I think this team could lose a What game if James isnt back soon. If I had to guess on that game I would think ND would be the best candidate. Not a lot of easy games left to be honest, Sat's game at Nova wont be a picnic and even playing providence for a second time wont be a pushover.

if dirty is back soon then it, 12-0.

I think you're confusing "what do you want to happen" with "how many losses will be acceptable to you"?

I have to imagine that you and RF2044 wouldn't be disappointed if we went 29-2 (17-1) in the regular season. ;)

I may be the only one not worried about the game @ Pitt. However I am a bit concerned about the Nova game this Saturday. The universe is sending me bad vibes.

Bold prediction time: loss @ Nova is our last loss of the reg season.

not losing all 3 of those games. 2 losses at most, or this team has wasted a golden opportunity with regard to not only tourney seeding, but to close out the BE legacy in dominating style.

I may be the only one not worried about the game @ Pitt. However I am a bit concerned about the Nova game this Saturday. The universe is sending me bad vibes.

I am not worried about either. I expect a tough game against pitt dont get me wrong but I think we will beat them.

I dont see us having any issues Saturday.

I am not worried about either. I expect a tough game against pitt dont get me wrong but I think we will beat them.

I dont see us having any issues Saturday.

agree. if we dont get james back (and prolly even if we do) i expect that pitt game to be FUGLY, similar to the cincy game, in the 50s that we'll need to win in the final minutes. i expect an easier game against nova, we should be able to put some points on the board against them.

Bold prediction time: loss @ Nova is our last loss of the reg season.

A loss Saturday would be a bad loss, no reason not to be prepared after watching them beat Lville.

Never said it was a rational fear! In my defense, most here were predicting we'd just shut down Wright/Kilpatrick and walk all over Cincy.

Never said it was a rational fear! In my defense, most here werre predicting we'd just shut down Wright/Kilpatrick and walk all over Cincy.

I actually posted I was more worried about Cincy than Louisville.

I would be stunned if we drop that game on Saturday.

It's difficult for an SU fan (homer, like myself) to have a good perspective on this.

We've lost 1 of our last 28 games, and we just won what, on paper, looks like the most difficult game of the year.

We 'shouldn't' lose any more games based on the Louisville game, but predicting perfection is a little ballsy to me.

I'll preface this by saying we could lose any game. If Cincy were hot like they were in the BET, we lose last Monday. Our toughest games on the sched are probably Louisville (H), Pitt (A), Gtown (H, A), and Marq (A). Every one of those games is winnable, and we'll probably be favored in every game the rest of the year.

If we lost more than 2, it would be a disappointment. But I'd be lying if I didn't say my expectations are that we lose less than 2.

It's difficult for an SU fan (homer, like myself) to have a good perspective on this.

We've lost 1 of our last 28 games, and we just won what, on paper, looks like the most difficult game of the year.

We 'shouldn't' lose any more games based on the Louisville game, but predicting perfection is a little ballsy to me.

I'll preface this by saying we could lose any game. If Cincy were hot like they were in the BET, we lose last Monday. Our toughest games on the sched are probably Louisville (H), Pitt (A), Gtown (H, A), and Marq (A). Every one of those games is winnable, and we'll probably be favored in every game the rest of the year.

If we lost more than 2, it would be a disappointment. But I'd be lying if I didn't say my expectations are that we lose less than 2.
These are my thoughts too.

There are still plenty of tough games left. @Pitt, @ Marquette, @UConn, Louisville coming here will be a bitch. Pomeroy projects a finish of 9-3. If they do that, then they are almost certainly going to win the league either outright or via tiebreaker. That works for me; but I'll be a little more optimistic and say we finish 16-2.

Non-conf doesn't matter any more, I was strictly speaking BE games.

Gotcha.

I still dont really understand why the BET doesnt count for that (but that isnt to you... thats to all the media outlets that report the 28/29 as well).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom