9. Cincy
  10. USF
  11. Temple
  12. Memphis
  13. Houston
  14. SMU
  15. UCF
  16. Tulane
the absurdity is heightened when you realize the basketball only schools set us on the path to destruction two decades ago because they feared a dilution of their power . . . and now look at them

Looks right, but check back tomorrow. BE seems to change daily.

Good lord, my kids will never believe me when I tell them how awesome the Big East was back in the 80's and 90's.

do I have this right:
the absurdity is heightened when you realize the basketball only schools set us on the path to destruction two decades ago because they feared a dilution of their power . . . and now look at them
couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of d-bags

idiots getting what they deserve

That's just sad. All the way around.

I will miss the Big East. Sorry, but I don't give a fig about football so it still PISSES me off to no end that football is forcing these decisions. The Big East at its prime was everything you want in a college basketball conference. I loved the back and forth I had with friends who went to ACC schools. Now we are just rivals. Well, except for my buddy who went to Maryland. And he's just pissed as well.

Decent basketball league. Football remains to be seen (or not seen).

I think it is time for the Catholic schools to bolt

1. Providence
  2. Georgetown
  3. St. John's
  4. Seton Hall
  5. Villanova
  6. DePaul
  7. Marquette
Add Xavier and choose from among Holy Cross, Siena, Canisius, St. Bonaventure, Dayton, St. Joe's, etc and build a conference of truly like-minded institutions

I don't give a fig about football so it still PISSES me off to no end that football is forcing these decisions. The Big East at its prime was everything you want in a college basketball conference.
Absolutely 100% agree.
Football has effectively ruined college basketball. It angers me as much as it saddens me.

I think it is time for the Catholic schools to bolt

1. Providence
  2. Georgetown
  3. St. John's
  4. Seton Hall
  5. Villanova
  6. DePaul
  7. Marquette
Add Xavier and choose from among Holy Cross, Siena, Canisius, St. Bonaventure, Dayton, St. Joe's, etc and build a conference of truly like-minded institutions

They should combine with the A-10 to create a 22 super conference 2 divisions north vs south and a sweet 16 style tournament with each conference seeded 1-8 and playing each other.

do I have this right:

Football
  1. UConn
  2. Cincy
  3. USF
  4. Temple
  5. Navy
  6. Memphis
  7. Houston
  8. SMU
  9. UCF
  10. Tulane
  11. Boise St.
  12. SDSU
  13. ECU

Basketball
  1. Providence
  2. Georgetown
  3. St. John's
  4. Seton Hall
  5. Villanova
  6. DePaul
  7. Marquette
  8. UConn
  9. Cincy
  10. USF
  11. Temple
  12. Memphis
  13. Houston
  14. SMU
  15. UCF
  16. Tulane

I'm not sure if that's right, but I did find Waldo.

Good lord, my kids will never believe me when I tell them how awesome the Big East was back in the 80's and 90's.
You only need to go back to the last couple seasons and the Big East was still the strongest conference in hoops. Unless you are talking football. Then when Miami and VaTech left, it was never the same. Of course those programs are just shells of what they were.

That's just sad. All the way around.

I will miss the Big East. Sorry, but I don't give a fig about football so it still PISSES me off to no end that football is forcing these decisions. The Big East at its prime was everything you want in a college basketball conference. I loved the back and forth I had with friends who went to ACC schools. Now we are just rivals. Well, except for my buddy who went to Maryland. And he's just pissed as well.
Amen.
Even the new ACC is not the basketball conference the BE was (and will be for one more year).
And I so detest G-town.
I can't tell you how much I'll miss them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom