Remarkable stat from Dana O'neil's 'Rapid Reaction' piece | Syracusefan.com

Remarkable stat from Dana O'neil's 'Rapid Reaction' piece

pearl31

in cahoots
"Research fact of the night: Syracuse shot 25 percent from the 3-point line and 33 percent from the free throw line. According to ESPN Stats & Info's Chris Fallica, 15 other teams have shot that badly or worse in those two categories in a game this season. The result? Those teams went 0-15 with an average loss of 20.5 points. The Orange won by seven."

That's really something.

That is amazing. On a related note; I'm not a Dana Oneil hater, but my god was she lifeless as an on air "personality" tonight.

yeah I was thinking that too when she was on camera. She doesn't look real comfortable as a TV personality.

If it is possible to subtract from a telecast, that us what her presence did. The producers had to feel the same since they only went to her once in the second half.

Great stat! Dana O'Neil looks so uncomfortable every time they try to put her on tv. I would still rather read her articles tha Eamon(sp)Brennan or a bunch of the ESPN basketball writers. Such a great job, and if they're even half-way decent they're an "insider".

I credit Bilas for snapping our 3 point skid. As soon as he mentioned it we hit 3 in a row, no? Or maybe it was McDonough?

Another one who's bio picture online is facebook voodoo'ed into an averagely attractive women. In person? Woof. She looks like a lifeless depressing "before" pic in a Proactive commercial.

I credit Bilas for snapping our 3 point skid. As soon as he mentioned it we hit 3 in a row, no? Or maybe it was McDonough?
It was McDonough. I thought the same thing.

And did you see her "man hands"? Mercy.

I am not sure why ESPN or any network for that matter feels their side line reporters deserve "face" time. Don't get me wrong; give Erin Andrews all the face time you can...but for most of the rest of them, let them give their report over some video replays. I really have no need to have to look at Dana O'Neil, or Andy Katz, for that matter.

And this rant is misplaced, but for God's sake can they stop showing the bench, one of the coaches or anything but the action when teams are inbounding the ball and play is going on. Basically missed that play in the ND game where we pressed and caused ND to deflect the ball into its own goal. They couldn't even show us the replay because they didn't capture it.

I liked when they kicked it to her and she repeated the same exact statistic that Bilas had just talked about for 2 minutes straight. She was clearly rattled and is not ready for primetime. Gotta pay attention, sugar!

I am not sure why ESPN or any network for that matter feels their side line reporters deserve "face" time. Don't get me wrong; give Erin Andrews all the face time you can...but for most of the rest of them, let them give their report over some video replays. I really have no need to have to look at Dana O'Neil, or Andy Katz, for that matter.

And this rant is misplaced, but for God's sake can they stop showing the bench, one of the coaches or anything but the action when teams are inbounding the ball and play is going on. Basically missed that play in the ND game where we pressed and caused ND to deflect the ball into its own goal. They couldn't even show us the replay because they didn't capture it.

As long as we are on the subject, basketball is a one-camera game. Mid-court, medium-high angle, pan back and forth with the action. If you want a hand-held camera under the baskets for some drama of the pushing and shoving, fine. But can we please stop with long angle views from the far basket? That shot was driving me nuts last night. It's almost as bad as the over-head, blimp view they use at some stadiums. Arrrgh.

She reminds me of Cassie from Eastbound & Down.

So much so that while she was on the screen I subconsciously said this last night starting at 0:33 in the following video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom