Remember 3 months ago | Syracusefan.com

Remember 3 months ago

ImperialOrange

Living Legend
when our head coach's seat was heating up, our OC's play calling was suspect, and we were all hoping to keep Scott Shafer but really were ready for changes elsewhere in the coaching staff?

Remember 3 weeks ago when the board was up in arms at the though of losing said coaches because 3 months of success had somehow overshadowed 3 1/2 years or mediocrity?

Because I do, and with the new staff HCSS has brought in thus far it appears we may be improving in every area of coaching that had been vacated especially in regards to recruiting.

It may not have transpired how any of us had envisioned 3 months ago but the programs ceiling may have just been raised. Can't wait to see how this recruiting class finishes and for Spring ball to get here!

I agree. Change often brings unexpected opportunities.

when our head coach's seat was heating up, our OC's play calling was suspect, and we were all hoping to keep Scott Shafer but really were ready for changes elsewhere in the coaching staff?

Remember 3 weeks ago when the board was up in arms at the though of losing said coaches because 3 months of success had somehow overshadowed 3 1/2 years or mediocrity?

Because I do, and with the new staff HCSS has brought in thus far it appears we may be improving in every area of coaching that had been vacated especially in regards to recruiting.

It may not have transpired how any of us had envisioned 3 months ago but the programs ceiling may have just been raised. Can't wait to see how this recruiting class finishes and for Spring ball to get here!

As far as recruiting, the one issue that concerns me is the idea that Syracuse has to recruit well in the immediate area, especially New York state. I recognize we have to continue to make inroads in place like the midwest or Florida but Marrone did seem to gain some momentum and some credibility with the pipelines SU must recruit well. I home SS and his staff prove to be even better in the immediate area.

im feeling better than i did after the stripe W, hopefully Feb 6th we have a solid class and keep trending upward...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom