Remember this quote from Boeheim about Pitino | Syracusefan.com

Remember this quote from Boeheim about Pitino

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
The only thing I’ll say about what Rick said all summer is that if Louisville could have left they would have left. Everybody knows it and I’m really tired of him saying what Syracuse should be or should have done because they would have left in a heartbeat. Everybody knows it.
“I don’t mind him denying that fact, but when they start talking about Syracuse, I’m going to start talking about them.”

At the BE meetings I believe. JB was right and everybody knows it. Uconn and Cinci are crying in their cornflakes today because it wasn't them. I expect the Cathlic and Bball only schools to split post haste now that they can.

I expect the Cathlic and Bball only schools to split post haste now that they can.

Are you kidding? They're making MILLIONS off all the exit fees. They will continue to run this ponzi scheme as long as they can. Not only have they ruined eastern football but they continue to make money off football schools for no reason. They're in the business of collecting exit fees now, they don't actually need any TV contracts. The Providence Cabal is laughing all the way to the bank.

Are you kidding? They're making MILLIONS off all the exit fees. They will continue to run this ponzi scheme as long as they can. Not only have they ruined eastern football but they continue to make money off football schools for no reason. They're in the business of collecting exit fees now, they don't need any TV contracts.

LMAO, you are correct although I hadn't thought of it from that angle.

I believe a holiday memo has been sent to Cincy, UConn, USF, and Temple. 25% off exit fees if you just leave now -- conference or not. Last one out, please remember to turn the lights off. Then the BB schools can get down to business.

They will hold the majority until July, I believe. They could very well just ride it out until then and let teams leave and collect as much cash as possible and then dissolve just before all of the new teams become voting members of the Big East. Not very ethical, but within their rights.

If they vote to disolve the conference altogether, will they still be able to collect these exit fees?

If they vote to disolve the conference altogether, will they still be able to collect these exit fees?
I asked that yesterday. IMO, the BB-onlies have no incentive to 'dissolve' the conference. They may do all they can to drive the FB teams out, but by dissolving the conference, they would lose (I believe) the right to collect exit fees, I think they might forfeit the BE name, etc. Their best play, I would think, is to wait it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom