Remember When... Gerry McNamara Torched BYU? | Syracusefan.com

Remember When... Gerry McNamara Torched BYU?

I'd love to watch that entire game again.
I remember where I was to I was at Past Times in their gym watching it, cause lets face it Syracuse was playing, and I wasn't about to miss that.

One of my favorite games ever. I knew after that game that Gerry was a legend. What you don't even mention is that this game was played at mile high altitude with the asthmatic kid from Scranton playing balls out for 38 minutes. Truly one of the best performances in program history.

Just an FYI, we are doing this as a regular thing on the site. Every Friday between now and the start of football season, we are doing a "Remember When" where we relive a classic Syracuse moment. Will involve both basketball and football.

Nice. I never saw that game. Was stuck working in a Manhattan office building and couldn't get an update to save my life. Was led to believe that we were losing badly by a co-worker. Turned out he was in cahoots with our client who was a Georgetown fan. It was killing me. I never found out what really happened until we got back to his car and turned on the radio.

Great performance. Somewhat surprising, Jim Nance and Billy Packer were doing the game.

We scored 80pts and only had 3 guys make more than 1 shot...

I was at that game. I bought tix waay in advance, just hoping that Syracuse landed in the region to send them to Denver. I was surrounded by BYU fans obviously. They were in awe of Gmac right along with myself, and pretty cool fans overall. Great atmosphere in the Pepsi center that day.

I remember that game for two things...GMAC

and

Rec League Dude on BYU

I remember that game for two things...GMAC

and

Rec League Dude on BYU

You mean the back up for Hell Boy? Hell Boy is who I remember, but yeah when he got gassed they brought in that 37 year old fat dude with the mop haircut.

You mean the back up for Hell Boy? Hell Boy is who I remember, but yeah when he got gassed they brought in that 37 year old fat dude with the mop haircut.

yes, the backup to the dude that got drafted by the raptors and was never heard from again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom