Remove LeBron from the MVP conversation | Syracusefan.com

Remove LeBron from the MVP conversation

Fireball Jr.

All American
What an over-rated, over-hyped choke artist. Blows his chance at keeping his 30-pts/60 pct fg streak going, only shoots 58 pct, scores 39 points, 12 rebounds, 7 assists on the road against Oklahoma City. Doesn't even hit a last-second game-winning shot. How can you be an MVP and not do that? What a slug.

Yes, but now he has a chance to start a new 39 pt/58 pct FG streak!

The excitement starts anew!

But seriously, some of the crazy things and combination of things they keep stats on nowadays is just crazy.

It seems like Lebron started this streak as soon as I said I thought Durant might have a case to win MVP over him

I can't stand the NBA but i watched some of that game last night, Lebron is the man, he is so far above anyone else on the court. He is actually worth watching.

He is a phenomenal physical specimen. I would be curious to see how LBJ would perform in, say, the decathlon. Maybe delete the pole vault because that is such a specialized skill. I bet with minimal training, he would do very well.

You give Melo single coverage he may score 35+ consistently bit that doesn't say he still shoots over 60% or has 12 boards and 7 assists. There is no denying Melo and Durant for that matter as being unstoppable scorers. however James scores while still playing top level defense and also getting his team involved. I don't care who you are if you start a team right now first person you are picking is the King!!

There was a stretch where he was just throwing in long jumpers last night. When he does that, just game over. You can't beat him.

The amazing thing is, he is actually setting a good example of how to play basketball. He has been shooting such a high percentage because he hasn't been settling for berserk shots and forcing garbage up at the rim. So many college players try to mimic the absurd moves/shots that NBA players can sometimes pull off. They ought to be modeling their game after LeBron's approach during the streak.