Replacing UMD with UConn | Syracusefan.com

Replacing UMD with UConn

orangeinjersey

All Conference
is a wash, why would FSU, Clemson etc care...

If anything this is better for us, we replaced a charter member with another northern school.

We should bag the zipper divisions and go North South.

F storz, theyre useless.

would rather add another school in north carolina than them.

let them rot.

Oh Lord

Its not going to be UConn. Swofford is talking to USF, Cincy, Louisville, and UConn. Swofford is going to do what FSU and Clemson want. They want a football school or they will start talks with the Bevo 10. I think Swofford goes Louisville after ND laughs no.

From their standpoint, it could be an opportunity lost.

They want a football league, UConn ain't helping that cause.

Ville isn't Michigan by any means, but they have earned some respect in the last decade.

is a wash, why would FSU, Clemson etc care...

If anything this is better for us, we replaced a charter member with another northern school.

We should bag the zipper divisions and go North South.

I don't think you understand the phallic idea of football and what it brings to FSU and Clemson. UConn is a basketball school and this furthers the idea that the ACC is interested in basketball first and foremost while FSU, Clemson and VT have football first interest.

Second, the ACC catered to VT when it set up these divisions and VT DOES NOT want to be in the old big east.

The fact Swofford is talking to 4 schools is NOT good. It tells me expect more ACC defections which is great. NOT.

I think sports wise Lville is the best easy to get choice after ND says they need 3 more years to join in fball. You want to be @14 plus ND so that when 16's start forming you get ND for 15 and their +1

Easy decision - Louisville
1. Closer geography wise to NC, SC and FL than SU - travel conditions met
2. Excellent football and basketball schools - both are ranked right now
3. UConn suspended, HC is retired
4. Great facilities

I think it will be Louisville because FSU has all the power and FSU wants Louisville. No other reason than that.

it should be louisville since uconn would likely still be in the bigeast if/when notre dame ever joined for full membership

This crap just makes me despise Notre Dame a whole lot more. They don't realize that Independence will eventually go away when the super conferences become formed. ND will be frozen out to schedule games for October and November from the superconferences unless they want to play the Gang of 5 after October because those will be the only teams available. ND just pick a conference and let all the cards play out. However, until ND picks a football conference all this crap will continue. If the ACC loses FSU, Clemson, Maryland we become a mid-major again.

Swofford is talking to USF, Cincy, Louisville, and UConn.

The fact Swofford is talking to 4 schools is NOT good. It tells me expect more ACC defections which is great. NOT.

Where did you see that Swofford was talking to USF and Cinci?

Adding USF, Cinci and Louisville is saying good bye to academics and letting WV get away was a huge mistake if this is true.

If L'ville comes aboard I hope charlie strong doesn't leave for arkansas in a few weeks.

I think it will be Louisville because FSU has all the power and FSU wants Louisville. No other reason than that.

Agreed. Get with FSU and let them pick.

Agreed. Get with FSU and let them pick.
I believe FSU and Louisville have historical ties...didn't they play together for years in the Metro Conference? Have to believe they would strongly prefer UL.

Other considerations:

1) taking UL now establishes a bridge to the Midwest.

What is that important? I believe the talk of eventual consolidation to 4 superconferences. I think the Big 12 is the most logical candidate to be cannibalized; schools from the ACC, Pac 12, SEC and B1G and pick and choose to fill out their dance cards as needed. Getting UL makes it easier to take other schools from the Midwest/Texas/Big 12 regions.

2) No offense to UConn but they aren't going anywhere. UL might be grabbed up by the Big 12 at any time. Don't see that happening with Connecticut. They can be added when the proper time comes (hopefully when/if ND decides to join the ACC as a full member).

I am happy to sit back and watch. I am sure the TGD is one three cell phones right now giving his opinion but we need to let FSU and Clemson, choose the new guy... I just hope this isn't the move that pulls ND to the B10 because the ACC becomes unstable. Save all of the ND hates B10 stuff I get it but who would have thought three weeks ago anyone would want maryland :noidea:

Swofford is talking to USF, Cincy, Louisville, and UConn.

Don't necessarily read too much into that... It could have been.

Swofford: "Hello."
Woolard: "Hi John, it's Doug Woolard."
Swofford: "Uhh, who?"
Woolard: "Doug Woolard, the athletic director at USF."
Swofford: "Uh, sorry, I've got Louisville on call waiting, see ya!"

That, technically, is talking... And, from a journalistic standpoint, who is more likely to leak the news that USF "talked" to the ACC? The ACC or USF? Who benefits from that? (Answer: USF)

Taking USF Cincy along with Ville and Uconn screams desperation. We're finished. ACC is done before we even got there.

The ACC apparently is a football league based on the talk here. But it's hardly a great football league. I hate having Clemson and Florida State be the decision makers. Screw 'em.

The ACC apparently is a football league based on the talk here. But it's hardly a great football league. I hate having Clemson and Florida State be the decision makers. Screw 'em.
Then we become a member of the G5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom