Rest assured, Syracuse has not been a laggard in this... | Syracusefan.com

Rest assured, Syracuse has not been a laggard in this...

cto

Administrator
As soon as this tax law provision seemed inevitable, letters went out to court side seat holders (among others) "offering the opportunity" to donate in 2017 to secure the right to purchase tickets for next season (and to get a tax deduction while it was still available).

And OrangeXtreme, who used my tickets on Tuesday night, told me there was a "reminder notice" on the seats.

Why the new GOP tax law is setting off a dash for cash at many major college sports programs

I've paid for my sat the next two years already. That's my "charitable contribution".

Reactions: cto
a payment that purchases something of value, such as a raffle ticket or right to purchase does not meet the irs definition of a charitable contribution.

a payment that purchases something of value, such as a raffle ticket or right to purchase does not meet the irs definition of a charitable contribution.
Look the other way. Not all of us can enjoy ANWR.

As soon as this tax law provision seemed inevitable, letters went out to court side seat holders (among others) "offering the opportunity" to donate in 2017 to secure the right to purchase tickets for next season (and to get a tax deduction while it was still available).

And OrangeXtreme, who used my tickets on Tuesday night, told me there was a "reminder notice" on the seats.

Why the new GOP tax law is setting off a dash for cash at many major college sports programs
how do you feel about the tax change cto?

"Tax law experts long have criticized the college athletics donation deductions as unfair, and essentially giving a federal subsidy to wealthy college sports fans for their season tickets. "

I'd say that's a pretty accurate description of what's been going on for decades.

I'd like to see Corporations be unable to deduct the cost of tickets they buy. The current law makes it more difficult for average fans to buy better tickets. The lowering of the Corporate rate does make this less attractive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom