Results of games don’t really matter to the College Football Playoff committee | Syracusefan.com

Results of games don’t really matter to the College Football Playoff committee

Alsacs

Living Legend
It’s always going to be bias to perception and not results.

Alabama, Notre Dame, Clemson, Ohio State
Are the best teams this year but the rankings for the rest just show how awful this committee is.

They don’t want to give respect to teams that aren’t in the P5.
I don’t get how Georgia is at 8.

Who have the beaten? Auburn? Their best win is against Auburn and they lost to their 2 toughest foes.
They beat Kentucky 14-3.

The games don’t matter for Georgia.

Florida lost to LSU who is 4-6 and medicore at best and the LSU team that beat Florida had less than 53 players during the game and their starting QB who a true freshman making his first start.
Florida went from 6 to 7.

How?

Coastal Carolina got dinged by the chairman because they struggled with 5-6 Troy and didn’t dominate.

This committee is a joke.
The CFB has to be expanded to 6 or 8 teams just to give the appearance teams can earn their way in.

Iowa State is 8-2 and lost to Louisiana by 17. That game just doesn’t matter to the committee.
Louisiana is 9-1 and ranked 19.
Coastal beat them.

Coastal Carolina is 11-0 with wins over Kansas, Appalachian State, ranked teams BYU, Louisiana.

That gets them ranked behind Indiana, Oklahoma, Cincinnati, Georgia, Florida.

I get Georgia on a neutral field is probably better than Coastal Carolina but if the rankings actually matter then results should matter.
If the committee is just going to say Georgia is better than these teams without a resume the whole system sucks.

It will just become a brand test every year and the playoffs suck.
These committees are more bias than computers.

It sucks because who deserves a NY6 bowl more this year Georgia or Coastal Carolina?

Hell I put Coastal above Cincinnati.

When you get past the top 4 it all becomes fuzzy.

if you ranked teams based on potential to win games

OK would be my #5 but they have a game against ISU to prove it. so that winner would be my #5

Having watched every team in the top 20 play at least 4-5 times

I would put USC ahead of TexAM and Florida as well

Coastal doesnt have any D so I would slot them behind Cincy

GA isnt any good in a normal year but who knows this yr.

Iowa is probably the 2nd best B10 team but they blew the NW game

It’s always going to be bias to perception and not results.

Alabama, Notre Dame, Clemson, Ohio State
Are the best teams this year but the rankings for the rest just show how awful this committee is.

They don’t want to give respect to teams that aren’t in the P5.
I don’t get how Georgia is at 8.

Who have the beaten? Auburn? Their best win is against Auburn and they lost to their 2 toughest foes.
They beat Kentucky 14-3.

The games don’t matter for Georgia.

Florida lost to LSU who is 4-6 and medicore at best and the LSU team that beat Florida had less than 53 players during the game and their starting QB who a true freshman making his first start.
Florida went from 6 to 7.

How?

Coastal Carolina got dinged by the chairman because they struggled with 5-6 Troy and didn’t dominate.

This committee is a joke.
The CFB has to be expanded to 6 or 8 teams just to give the appearance teams can earn their way in.

Iowa State is 8-2 and lost to Louisiana by 17. That game just doesn’t matter to the committee.
Louisiana is 9-1 and ranked 19.
Coastal beat them.

Coastal Carolina is 11-0 with wins over Kansas, Appalachian State, ranked teams BYU, Louisiana.

That gets them ranked behind Indiana, Oklahoma, Cincinnati, Georgia, Florida.

I get Georgia on a neutral field is probably better than Coastal Carolina but if the rankings actually matter then results should matter.
If the committee is just going to say Georgia is better than these teams without a resume the whole system sucks.

It will just become a brand test every year and the playoffs suck.
These committees are more bias than computers.

It sucks because who deserves a NY6 bowl more this year Georgia or Coastal Carolina?

Hell I put Coastal above Cincinnati.
Remember a while back when I said it didn't matter what BYU did this season, the committee wasn't putting them in the playoffs?

This is what I was talking about.

If there was ever a year to figure out a top 8, it's this one. I mean come on now. If not now, when? I want to see coastal carolina play a big game.

I'm ok with the georgia ranking, they look 100x better with JT Daniels who finally got healthy, I wonder what their record would be had he played all year. CC didn't exactly kill kansas who's the worst P5 team by far.

And you have summed up why I have less and less interest every year.

I think that the same few teams rotating through the playoffs is a huge problem long term for CFB.

Agree. It's hard not to think there is a ceiling for most teams that is below that level. At least with basketball, there's a chance for more teams.

I'm ok with the georgia ranking, they look 100x better with JT Daniels who finally got healthy, I wonder what their record would be had he played all year. CC didn't exactly kill kansas who's the worst P5 team by far.
If we’re betting on games I would pick Georgia to beat these teams. I just don’t think George has done anything this season to justify their ranking. Coastal Carolina has better wins then Georgia. The committee doesn’t give consistency. Cincinnati has gone down two spots without playing a game Iowa State didn’t play a game last week they went up. Cincinnati didn’t do anything to move down.
The committee doesn’t want coastal and Cincinnati getting in the New Year’s six bowl games. So they put enough power five teams between them so only one get in.

People are going to start caring less and less about college football because of how the committee is. The criteria of what they look for seems to change on a weekly basis and it's ridiculous. There is no point in actually playing games anymore when the committee just puts in who they want. This is arguably worse than the BCS and I'd rather just go back to that.

The G5 needs to start its own playoff and recognize a champion.

The committee doesn’t want coastal and Cincinnati getting in the New Year’s six bowl games. So they put enough power five teams between them so only one get in.
Unfortunately that's what a lot of this comes down to, I'd like to see CC play a legit team in a bowl. Cincy will probably get the only non P5 NY6 spot

How does Florida lose at home to a team with a losing record and drop one spot?

People are going to start caring less and less about college football because of how the committee is. The criteria of what they look for seems to change on a weekly basis and it's ridiculous. There is no point in actually playing games anymore when the committee just puts in who they want. This is arguably worse than the BCS and I'd rather just go back to that.

The G5 needs to start its own playoff and recognize a champion.

I tend to agree on the G5 doing their own thing.

I think even if they expand it to 8 teams, or whatever they decide the right number is, it will more often than not just mean a third SEC team and second B1G/Big 12/ACC/P12 school to get name brand match ups than the idealistic scenario of giving more opportunity to the G5 schools.

It’s all about what will get the most ratings to juice up the subsequent TV deal $.

Reactions: gbo
The end game for CFB should be.
8 team playoff.
P5 champs automatic bids if they are in the top 10.
Top G5 team every year.
2 at-large bids.

Quarterfinals on campus a week after conference title games.

Semi finals rotate at NY6 bowls.

Championship game the Monday after NFL wildcard weekend.

Every scholarship Player in playoff gets the travel, hotel and tickets provided to 2 members of their family for free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom