Rick Jackson invited to Warriors training camp | Syracusefan.com

Rick Jackson invited to Warriors training camp

I just hope he is fully recovered from his ankle injury!

Hopefully the hardwork pays off, still think he should have been drafted but nice to see hes still got the chance to make it.

As a Warriors fan, I would love to see this because I want to see Rick. As someone who saw every game of Rick's college career, I can't see anyway that he makes the Warriors. Just a complete opposite in terms of style. Unless Mark Jackson is planning on changing things significantly (which I know he isn't because he is starting his press tour around this season's team)...no way Rick fits. That is, of course, unless Rick has changed his game significantly...which maybe he has. But the W's are still going to run like crazy and the W's bigs (if you can call them that) have to fit that mold.

44cuse

Yeah...he's just a warm body in this case. Like 44 said... he would never ever be able to run the floor as a 4 in this system.

As a Warriors fan, I would love to see this because I want to see Rick. As someone who saw every game of Rick's college career, I can't see anyway that he makes the Warriors. Just a complete opposite in terms of style. Unless Mark Jackson is planning on changing things significantly (which I know he isn't because he is starting his press tour around this season's team)...no way Rick fits. That is, of course, unless Rick has changed his game significantly...which maybe he has. But the W's are still going to run like crazy and the W's bigs (if you can call them that) have to fit that mold.

44cuse

I believe Mark is trying to change the system significantly similar to the systems he ran in NY and Indy. That is why he traded for Andrew Bogut he wants to run an inside out offense much slower than the old regime. That said I think this is more about Ricky being seen than being able to make the roster. Looking at there current roster and salary situation I think they are going to pick up a guard. This may help Ricky get a job in Europe though.

I believe Mark is trying to change the system significantly similar to the systems he ran in NY and Indy. That is why he traded for Andrew Bogut he wants to run an inside out offense much slower than the old regime. That said I think this is more about Ricky being seen than being able to make the roster. Looking at there current roster and salary situation I think they are going to pick up a guard. This may help Ricky get a job in Europe though.

Nope. I can assure you that's not what he's doing. I have the unfortunate pain of being a W's fan and see or listen to some portion of almost every game. Getting Bogut wasn't about slowing the W's down. It was about finding a big man who could run (reasonably well) and score in the post (something they have not been able to do in a very long time).

Here is Jackson's quote from yesterday's conference:
"-Q: You have a feel for how this team is going to play–you went into last year with Monta and Steph and going up and down. Now you have Bogut… Are you going to be more of a half-court team?
-JACKSON: No, no, no. I think the advantage with this team is we will able to play both styles. When you talk about our ability to score on the perimeter, score in transition, you talk about the ability of having, when Bogut’s ready to go, two guys at the 4 and the 5 that can score, can post, exceptional passers…
I think one of our greatest strengths will be our ability to push the basketball and also to execute in the half-court offense. No longer will we be a team that’s perimeter-dominated with one post player."
Richard Jefferson is still going to play (because he fits the style) and no way Rick is going to compete with David Lee for minutes. And, they already have an established NBA guy at the exact same size in Carl Landry. They love Jeremy Tyler's potential and they made Festus Ezeli a 1st round pick. Not to mention that they have to do something with Biedrins (if he comes back) who Jackson still views as a late-in-the-quarter defensive replacement.

So while I would love to see Rick on the W's, I just don't see it happening.
44cuse

If he plays his butt off, he could be that guy that shuttles between the bench and street clothes for a while. Thats not a bad gig at 400K.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom