Right now | Syracusefan.com

Right now

Cuse House

All American
We are playing the best basketball of the season. Our offense has been much better of late. I like our chances Monday, and our potential going forward to make some noise.

On a side note, Chewy looked nimble today. If we get that from him, watch out.

We gotta do better than 4-19 at the arc. And 14 TO's isn't smooth.

It’s Great!! that people are allowing themselves to be positive, but temper the enthusiasm a little. Part of the reason the offense looked so good is because Wake sucks and doesn’t bother to play defense.

Now we did what we needed to do, be happy about it. Just don’t set up unrealistic expectations for the offense against UVA on Monday night.

Last edited:
We gotta do better than 4-19 at the arc. And 14 TO's isn't smooth.

3 TO’s were committed in the last 3 minutes when our main ball handlers were out but 11 is still high for us with both Oshae and Marek having 3 each. Maybe turnovers are an occupational hazard (tradeoff) when moving, sharing the ball more and getting everyone involved handling the ball?

It’s Great!! that people are allowing themselves to be positive, but temper the enthusiasm a little. Part of the reason the offense looked so good is because Wake sucks and on doesn’t bother to play defense.

Now we did what we needed to do, be happy about it. Just don’t set up unrealistic expectations for the offense against UVA on Monday night.
Agree, don't consider Wake very good. However, better than losing and it gets us to 10 wins in conference play.

It’s Great!! that people are allowing themselves to be positive, but temper the enthusiasm a little. Part of the reason the offense looked so good is because Wake sucks and on doesn’t bother to play defense.

The offense has been trending upward for a few weeks, IMO.

What a strange reaction to a post that said nothing other than that we've been looking better on offense (we have) and maybe that will translate into us having some success going forward.

That mild a level of enthusiasm needs to be "tempered"? Thanks for the lecture and all, but if you don't even have the belief that we have the "potential going forward to make some noise" then why are you even watching?

3 TO’s were committed in the last 3 minutes when our main ball handlers were out but 11 is still high for us with both Oshae and Marek having 3 each. Maybe turnovers are an occupational hazard when moving, sharing the ball more and getting everyone involved handling the ball?

Fair enough. I couldn't find the game anywhere, so just looking at the box score. I've always said I would rather win 94-91 than 50-49, the former being more condicive to TO's. My comment above was more in reference to the fact it came against WF, who is not a particularly strong defensive (281) squad.

What a strange reaction to a post that said nothing other than that we've been looking better on offense (we have) and maybe that will translate into us having some success going forward.

That mild a level of enthusiasm needs to be "tempered"? Thanks for the lecture and all, but if you don't even have the belief that we have the "potential going forward to make some noise" then why are you even watching?

Yeah because on Monday night there will be posts about how Frank and Oshae suck and Battles not an alpha. Wait and see

i fully expected a rock fight in the 50s. great game all around, we're definitely trending upward at the right time. if we can split the next 2 and win an acc tourny gane we should avoid the 8/9 game.

The committee is going to do everything in their power to match us up with UW.

They will have to overseed us or them to do it. Lot of basketball left, I know, but I can't see how it will work if we remain on a similar trajectory. UW, if they win their league tourney, are probably a 3 or 4 seed. If they're going to try to get that matchup, it will have to be in the second round or whatever they're calling it now. If they're a 3, we're a 7 or 10. If they're a 4, we're a 5.

They will have to overseed us or them to do it. Lot of basketball left, I know, but I can't see how it will work if we remain on a similar trajectory. UW, if they win their league tourney, are probably a 3 or 4 seed. If they're going to try to get that matchup, it will have to be in the second round or whatever they're calling it now. If they're a 3, we're a 7 or 10. If they're a 4, we're a 5.

I doubt UW would be seeded that high. They have a gaudy record, but their conference is trash.

I honestly think that a team like Buffalo should be seeded higher than UW.

I doubt UW would be seeded that high. They have a gaudy record, but their conference is trash.

I honestly think that a team like Buffalo should be seeded higher than UW.

UW could conceivably finish 28-6. I think that's a 5 seed, which shows you how trash the PAC-12 is, but if the committee is desperate for a match-up, they'll have to either overseed us or them, as I say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom