Riled Up Roy | Syracusefan.com

Riled Up Roy

CaptainJ

Disembodied?
Im trying to look for something to feel good about tonight. The image of Roy trying to rip his jacket in half, and then Laphonso Ellis giving me this thread title, are helping ease things a bit.

Maybe JB can put on a clinic for Roy and others about in game jacket antics. I think some memes could come from this.

Here's an article about it. There is a link at the bottom if the videos dont work in the post. I'm sure there will be plenty of still shots soon:

Tyler Greenawalt
The Dagger•March 7, 2018
Roy Williams did his best Hulk Hogan impression Wednesday night when he ripped off his jacket and tried to tear it in half against Syracuse.

Unfortunately, Williams is no (Cuse)Hulk. And the jacket remained (somewhat) intact.

“It’s embarrassing to try the sucker and not do it,” he said. “I thought I was stronger than that to be honest with you.”

Dadgum Box Scores@dadgumboxscores

9:36 PM - Mar 7, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

" data-reactid="26" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">

After North Carolina beat Syracuse 78-59 in the second round of the ACC tournament, Williams gave his assessment of the rip and offered some advice for future jacket-rippers.

“I started around the collar where it’s folded over so the material is twice as strong,” Williams said. “If you really want to rip a jacket in half, start at the back at the bottom where it’s already split.”

So, to summarize:

DO: Start at the bottom of the jacket because it’s already ripped.

DON’T: Rip from the top because there’s more fabric.

Got it? Good.

“I told [Pinson] I was trying to rip my jacket because I couldn’t put my hands on him,” Williams said in the post-game news conference.

“I thought all-ACC honorable mention gave me a little leeway on that,” Pinson chuckled back.

“I don’t love anybody more than I love that boy,” Williams said, looking at Pinson. “But I’m telling you, at that moment, me and his mama both wanted to strangle him.”

Luckily, it was smooth sailing from there on out as North Carolina finish the game on a 12-2 run.

This isn’t the first time Williams has committed acts of violence towards his jacket. Back on Dec, 17, 2016, Williams tossed his jacket at the bench in a game against Kentucky.

Ray Paulick@raypaulick

Dadgum Roy Williams doesn't like his jacket #UKvsUNC

3:57 PM - Dec 17, 2016 · Kentucky, USA

" data-reactid="41" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">

This time, he took it a step further. But both times, the jacket got the last laugh.

And don’t worry, Roy, we can’t all be like Hulk Hogan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom