RIP Astrud Gilberto (The Girl from Ipanema) | Syracusefan.com

RIP Astrud Gilberto (The Girl from Ipanema)

Supposedly she was an untrained singer and recorded the English version because she was the only one at the recording session that spoke English.

According to Wiki, this song is the 2nd most recorded pop song after "Yesterday " but when female artists sang it, it would be "Boy from Ipanema". Here is Julie London's great version.

Last edited:
Not surprising at all lol
Not even close to the Julie London version or one by Diana Krall. Here is Frank Sinatra. I wouldn't say it's his best work but that's what years of singing and drinking in smoky clubs will do to you. But he is the Chairman of the Board.

Supposedly she was an untrained singer and recorded the English version because she was the only one at the recording session that spoke English.

According to Wiki, this song is the 2nd most recorded pop song after "Yesterday " but when female artists sang it, it would be "Boy from Ipanema". Here is Julie London's great version.

She was 45 when she was on Emergency. 7 years older than Robert Fuller.

She was 45 when she was on Emergency. 7 years older than Robert Fuller.
She was also eight years younger than her husband and co-star, Bobby Troup. Julie London is definitely in my top ten. She made a huge impression on pre-teen me.

Attachments

• 440px-Julie_London_Bobby_Troup_Emergency_1971.jpeg
    440px-Julie_London_Bobby_Troup_Emergency_1971.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 26

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online