RIP Bob Newhart | Syracusefan.com

RIP Bob Newhart

The first comedy album I ever heard.. I found it on a shelf in my dads collection as a kid and I knew who he was. so I played it. The Button Down mind is about the best routine I have ever heard. He tells it so well and the timing is amazing.

He will be missed.His best friend was Don Rickles. Two comedians whose comedy couldn’t have been more different. He was introduced to his wife by Buddy Hackett, she was the Hackett kids occasional babysitter/nanny. They ended up married 60 years until she passed away last year at 82.

Bob's deadpan delivery was pretty much the opposite of the best-known comedians of his time. Always enjoyed how a joke was halfway past me before I caught up with it. He trusted his audience to get the joke, didn't feel the need to underline it.

He will be missed.His best friend was Don Rickles. Two comedians whose comedy couldn’t have been more different. He was introduced to his wife by Buddy Hackett, she was the Hackett kids occasional babysitter/nanny. They ended up married 60 years until she passed away last year at 82.

I've read that Newhart was the ball buster at get togethers while Rickles was the quiet one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom