RIP Dick Clark | Syracusefan.com

RIP Dick Clark

I went to see the Moody Blues last night. Virtually every person there was on Medicare. I felt young by comparison! When they introduced one of their songs, they said it was from their album first released 45 years ago. A collective groan went up from the crowd. I must say, those geezers can still rock it.

Dick Clark pre-dates the Moody Blues. He was very influential in his day. I hope he's spinning the discs on the other side.

TRES NI CEAPE

(that infamous dancer unscramble board... real teen toughies like ootihe dan hte flishwob)

I went to see the Moody Blues last night. Virtually every person there was on Medicare. I felt young by comparison! When they introduced one of their songs, they said it was from their album first released 45 years ago. A collective groan went up from the crowd. I must say, those geezers can still rock it.

Dick Clark pre-dates the Moody Blues. He was very influential in his day. I hope he's spinning the discs on the other side.
The Moody Blues are my favorites. I envy you. Watching Dick Clark in recent years on New Years Eve was very sad.

Much of music programming as we know it today would not be with us if not for Dick Clark. A true icon of the entertainment industry. RIP

The Moody Blues are my favorites. I envy you. Watching Dick Clark in recent years on New Years Eve was very sad.

Yes, I thought it was great that he came back after his stroke to ring in the New Year, but after that first year, I really wished he had retired. I really liked the guy, but post-stroke it was really uncomfortable during the countdown the past couple years.

Is it safe to watch New Years Eve again?