RIP Dikembe Mutombo | Syracusefan.com

RIP Dikembe Mutombo

Eric15

Living Legend
The world was better with him in it. One of the highest quality people involved with basketball there was.

On a personal level, he was extremely nice to anyone who walked up to him to say hi. I saw it at the Garden on multiple occasions.

His foundation did all kinds of amazing work in Africa, building schools/hospitals, trying to alleviate the spread of malaria, supporting women, etc.

The world was better with him in it. One of the highest quality people involved with basketball there was.

On a personal level, he was extremely nice to anyone who walked up to him to say hi. I saw it at the Garden on multiple occasions.

His foundation did all kinds of amazing work in Africa, building schools/hospitals, trying to alleviate the spread of malaria, supporting women, etc.

RIP to a wonderful man. Even my wife loved him (because of his commericials).

Despite the rivalry, a great human.

From the final BET at MSG in 2013.

Attachments

• IMG_1308.jpeg
    IMG_1308.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
Billions spent every year (for decades) on cancer research but not much to show...such a mysterious and deadly disease.
Certain types of cancer (e.g. pancreatic) are still a virtual death sentence, but huge improvements have been made in others. Things like prostate cancer, breast cancer, melanoma and leukemia have significantly higher survival rates than a generation ago. Obviously a lot of work still to be done.

Billions spent every year (for decades) on cancer research but not much to show...such a mysterious and deadly disease.
Not really such a mystery if you understand the differences between oxidative phosphorylation and fermentation as a driver of cellular energy and replication- see the work of Dr. Thomas Seyfriend if interested: Conclusions - Thomas Seyfried

Of course, pharmaceutical companies and the medical establishment would like you to believe cancer is VERY MYSTERIOUS...OH SO MYSTERIOUS AND HARD TO UNDERSTAND...so people keep dying and the money keeps flowing.

Certain types of cancer (e.g. pancreatic) are still a virtual death sentence, but huge improvements have been made in others. Things like prostate cancer, breast cancer, melanoma and leukemia have significantly higher survival rates than a generation ago. Obviously a lot of work still to be done.
I agree with most of this. Re: pancreatic cancer is not necessarily a death sentence. It can be if undetected, but if they find it early (which is rare unfortunately) it can be treated. They have made huge strides in treating cancer. It still sucks however.

A sad day for human beings not just basketball.

He certainly contributed to me coming to Syracuse university because my decision making was impacted by the joy he gave to the rivalry. I wanted to be a part of it.

One of our greatest rivals and a heck of a human even if he was a Hoya. The finger shake after a block is a classic. The world is a little worse without him in it.

Wondering if we’ll find out it was glioblastoma. Not much of a chance to survive that.

Not really such a mystery if you understand the differences between oxidative phosphorylation and fermentation as a driver of cellular energy and replication- see the work of Dr. Thomas Seyfriend if interested: Conclusions - Thomas Seyfried

Of course, pharmaceutical companies and the medical establishment would like you to believe cancer is VERY MYSTERIOUS...OH SO MYSTERIOUS AND HARD TO UNDERSTAND...so people keep dying and the money keeps flowing.
Obviously

Best defensive player, game changer, show stopper in all of the good NBA PlayStation, PS4 games (that two on two one especially) and past game consoles.

The software captured Dikembe perfectly!
RIP, big guy.