RIP Frank Hamblen | Syracusefan.com

RIP Frank Hamblen

Frank was a fraternity brother of mine at DU...great guy...I remember the one quote in the Sporting News after he was named interim head coach in one of his stops...he was asked about his time playing basketball at SU and told them that his most memorable game was when he guarded Calvin Murphy and held him to 52 points...great sense of humor...RIP Hambone

I was at the Cuse when Frank played there. He certainly wasn't a star, but I do have memories of him as a hustling team first contributer. Considering he played with Jimmy it is almost surprising he was never part of our staff. Probably would have been one heck of an asst coach. He filled that, amongst other roles, in his NBA career. He probably deserved a HC shot, which he never really got except a little bit as interim status.

Frank, your name definitely makes me re-call fond memories of my time at the Cuse.

I was at the Cuse when Frank played there. He certainly wasn't a star, but I do have memories of him as a hustling team first contributer. Considering he played with Jimmy it is almost surprising he was never part of our staff. Probably would have been one heck of an asst coach. He filled that, amongst other roles, in his NBA career. He probably deserved a HC shot, which he never really got except a little bit as interim status.

Frank, your name definitely makes me re-call fond memories of my time at the Cuse.
Hamblen was on the Frosh team in 65-66, JB's senior year, so they were never on the same squad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom