RIP Jim Fassel | Syracusefan.com

RIP Jim Fassel

1623154253262.jpeg

RIP Coach.

Fassel was great at Giants Training Camp in Albany. He would always have that straw hat and then a bucket hat and was always smiling when engaging with the fans.

if anyone went you must remember the path the team had to take to get back to the locker room from the fields, it was great for autographs. not always but every once in a blue moon he would walk up and engage the fans a bit. once i was standing back with a bunch of kids in front of me trying to get his autograph... i was able to yell to him..."Coach, we really need to see this offense fly this year". he started to smile and looked around to find Kerry who he knew was close, but once he saw how close he goes..."Hey Kerry, do you think this offense will fly this year?!" to which Kerry responds 'Absolutely Coach, it will fly"...he looks up at the crowd and goes "you guys just all wait and see, we are going to put the league on notice". Then Ike Hilliard started running by with his arms out for a step or 2 to get some laughs.

Good times, i miss camp at Albany.

BTW: that was summer of 2000.

Tiki was on with Moose & Maggie a bit ago, told some nice stories.

one thing he mentioned that did sorta get lost to time or was overshadowed by the Yankees, was how big he was in the post 9/11 stuff. the FDNY & NYPD hats on the sidelines, all the charitable endeavors and appearances etc he did a lot.

even 5 and 10 years later when he was long gone and coaching lord knows where, i would see his name on some Memorial's Agenda as a speaker or as Head of a table etc.

good man.

RIP

Im a Cowboys fan who always really liked Jim. Really nice man and good coach was always surprised he never got another hc job. Rip Jim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom