RIP Joe Morgan | Syracusefan.com

RIP Joe Morgan

I had read his health hadn't been great in recent years. Wow lost so many HOFers this year. I remember how they used to have local card shows growing up with autograph signings. I never wanted to pay the money, but now that they are gone, I kind of wish I would have.

Loved his herky-jerky batting stance, with that elbow spayed out. On the playground as a kid, I was always Joe Morgan. Him & Tony Perez were the only members of The Big Red Machine that i liked. RIP

Last edited:
His voice will always be synonymous with baseball, for me.

RIP Joe

I feel the same way, Morgan and Miller on Sunday nights were baseball. Didn't matter who was playing, it was easy to watch the games because of the voices. What's funny is that I really didn't care for a lot of what Joe had to say, he had a little Billy Packer vibe about him in his later years. Pretty negative take on a number of things.

But wow, 77 is too young, I'm sad to hear this.

I feel the same way, Morgan and Miller on Sunday nights were baseball. Didn't matter who was playing, it was easy to watch the games because of the voices. What's funny is that I really didn't care for a lot of what Joe had to say, he had a little Billy Packer vibe about him in his later years. Pretty negative take on a number of things.

But wow, 77 is too young, I'm sad to hear this.

You are exactly right about Joe. Lot of people started to get turned off by him for that reason but I loved that team. I still miss Jon on ESPN. He really seemed to enjoy it and make the game fun.

What's funny is that I really didn't care for a lot of what Joe had to say, he had a little Billy Packer vibe about him in his later years. Pretty negative take on a number of things.
Yeah, Morgan became the face for what the sabermetric community was rallying against. There used to be a website called firejoemorgan.com. They didn't focus on Joe Morgan much, but they would poke fun at baseball traditionalists in the media.

Yeah, Morgan became the face for what the sabermetric community was rallying against. There used to be a website called firejoemorgan.com. They didn't focus on Joe Morgan much, but they would poke fun at baseball traditionalists in the media.
Pretty sure that’s the wrong joe Morgan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom