Rivalry | Syracusefan.com

Rivalry

SU2NASA

All American
Who else is looking forward to re-kindling a rivalry with Boston College to end the season just like the old days?

I know Diamond Ferri is.

I'll start...
bclogo3nrqw3.gif

Who else is looking forward to re-kindling a rivalry with Boston College to end the season just like the old days?

I know Diamond Ferri is.
Looking forward to it.

BC will become the rivalry game that THEY always hoped it would be. At the time, we scoffed at it because we were looking at bigger games against Miami and VT. But it's a natural rival, and the ACC will only magnify its significance. Should be fun to put the hurt on BC every year.

Guys, please. You can't manufacture a "rivalry" by just saying, those guys are our rivals.

That's not he way it works.

Rivalries can only be created a couple of ways. And the most likely is that two schools fight it out in a long series of memorable games ... like SU and Georgetown in the 1980's.

We never had much of a rivalry with BC before. So there's no "rivalry" to resume.

I thought we were closer to having one with VT in football.

I just hope I can find a team to hate almost as much as GTown in BBall and Rutgers in football. VTech may fit the bill in football. I'm sure Duke will end up being the GTown of the ACC.

I need a new team to hate now that we are losing rutgers and uconn. I'm nominating BC and NC State

Guys, please. You can't manufacture a "rivalry" by just saying, those guys are our rivals.

Rivalries can only be created a couple of ways. And the most likely is that two schools fight it out in a long series of memorable games ... like SU and Georgetown in the 1980's.

This man says otherwise.

112704-bc1-fo2jpg-6944dd18413c42c5.jpg

I just hope I can find a team to hate almost as much as GTown in BBall and Rutgers in football. VTech may fit the bill in football. I'm sure Duke will end up being the GTown of the ACC.

I have a feeling that we'll develop a rivalry with NC State. There's been some bad blood in the past and we have a lot of triangle alumni which overrun their arena and piss off their fanbase. We may dislike Duke, and have some great games, but they're not going to be our rival. NC State could turn into one.

We never had much of a rivalry with BC before. So there's no "rivalry" to resume.

Someone needs to define a college football rivalry. Too many people think it can only be one team, they are your rival and vice versa, you either have one or you don't. As far as that goes, we don't have one, and never will.

But as far as conference rivalries that can develop in the ACC, BC is a logical one. For me, the BC game was always one of my favorites. Hated them, they hated us. They were good enough to beat us 93/94, then again in 99/00/02. The 03/04 games that ended the series were both great, great for SU fans. That day in the Dome in 2003 was so much fun, one day after Aaron Boone. But it was overshadowed by what happened in 2004.

Looking forward to playing them again. It won't be SU - Georgetown hoops. But it won't be SU-Rutgers or SU-UConn football either. Somewhere in between.

I have a feeling that we'll develop a rivalry with NC State. There's been some bad blood in the past and we have a lot of triangle alumni which overrun their arena and piss off their fanbase. We may dislike Duke, and have some great games, but they're not going to be our rival. NC State could turn into one.

You may be right. As much as I dislike Duke, I do have some amount of respect for them. However, NC State fans have not given a good impression of their organization.

Agreed, I never thought of BC being a rival, at all. Besides Rutgers and Temple, they were towards the bottom of my list in the old Big East. Virginia Tech was always #1 on my Hate List.

meh...

I'm more looking forward to starting a new rivalry with Clemson and Florida State than I am of rekindling a rivalry with Boston College.

I think them "good ol boys" need to have their asses kicked by some Yankees.

BC roadtrip is a blast. It is so cool going down the Thruway on Friday afternoon! Every rest stop is filled with Orange. It is an extremely easy trip while the shopping and resturants speak for themselves.

Totally non related, but when I was in school we went Boston for the Head of the Charles and we went to a sports bar to watch Cuse play WVU @ WVU. That was the Marvin Graves brawl game it was an AWESOME memory couchburn

But but but...I thought these guys were our rivals- I mean, they started winning in 2005...doesn't that qualify??? :bat:
images

I still want that pick Bullock had for a td that was called an incomplete pass...that still bugs me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom