Road record and team sheet | Syracusefan.com

Road record and team sheet

20plus

2nd String
First let me put it the precursor that this team is not even yet currently on the bubble. Our profile is very strange though because our worst loss is to number 84 in the net. Our best win is in the 40s.

Georgia Tech is now a quad one win.

We also have one of the best road profiles in the country.

Top 7 in country
8) st. Mary's
9) seton Hall
10)nova
11)Uk
12)Richmond ***
13)Yale
14)east Tennessee state
15)northern Iowa

Are teams with better than SU 6-4 road record.

And of those teams only one is a bubble team and the rest are locks or most likely conference champions.

We definitely lack another signature win but if Virginia wins the ACC and we beat them on the road that has to be considered one of the best wins we can get.

If we win four more games and the bubble teams struggle I think will be right there

Last edited:
If we won the ND, VaTech, and Clemson games, would we be in? 20-10, 14-6, but no OOC wins. Tough to leave us out. No bad losses. I guess it doesn’t matter since we can’t go back in time. Just win the ACCT. We’re long overdue for a conference tourney run, and we have the shooters to get it done. On the road, with no pressure really. Sidibe playing well. Quincy much improved. Just need the three to get hot, and get a favorable draw.

Last edited:
If we won the ND, VaTech, and Clemson games, would we be in? 20-10, 13-6, but no OOC wins. Tough to leave us out. No bad losses. I guess it doesn’t matter since we can’t go back in time. Just win the ACCT. We’re long overdue for a conference tourney run, and we have the shooters to get it done. On the road, with no pressure really. Sidibe playing well. Quincy much improved. Just need the three to get hot, and get a favorable draw.
I think we’d be in. In that case we’d have a very “safe” resume.

- no bad losses
- 7 road wins

What ultimately kills us is that we are 6-11 in Q1+Q2 games. (in another thread I showed how this was well behind all other P5+BE bubble teams that are in or really close to in)

Teams have 11, 12 or 13 losses. But they have more than 6 wins... most have 9 or more, or a few more Q1 wins, or a much better win %. Also the average quality of those 6 wins is not that high either.

You can say the ACC limited us in our opportunity as there was too many Q3 games in the ACC compared to other power conferences. But realistically we could have overcome that by having a better win% in Q1+Q2 games. we hurt ourselves more by simply going 6-11 in those games (the whiff in the OOC, the ACC home losses). Two wins in those games and we overcome the drag caused by the ACC, and are in the bubble mix right now

Realistically we need to win the next 3 games to even see where (if) we stand as a bubble team, and to get more information around us. It's hard to estimate when the gap is as big as it is now.

If we look at the "Bubble Index", the market for the bubble teams has been strong for the past few weeks. The bubble has played well, which increases the target line. Yesterday was the first day in the market in a while that there was a clear blip, when 3 teams above the line played and they all lost.

If we won the ND, VaTech, and Clemson games, would we be in? 20-10, 13-6, but no OOC wins. Tough to leave us out. No bad losses. I guess it doesn’t matter since we can’t go back in time. Just win the ACCT. We’re long overdue for a conference tourney run, and we have the shooters to get it done. On the road, with no pressure really. Sidibe playing well. Quincy much improved. Just need the three to get hot, and get a favorable draw.
gonna be tough to win 4 in a row when we play only 6 guys and the foul trouble that finds Marek and Bouroma. But GMac pulled it off in 06. Maybe Elijah goes all GMac or Kemba Walker for four days and we shock the world.

I’d keep the Va Tech and ND home losses for an FSU road win (coupled with a Clemson win on the road) and I think we would definitely be in. So 6 points total in those two games separates us from being a tourney team. Ugh.

If we were an NCAAT team we would have beaten Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Duke at home.

FSU and Clemson wins on the road would have done it, and we had both games in our pockets but didn't make one or two plays at the end to win. We didn’t play well enough against Duke. I’d set that one aside.

I’d keep the Va Tech and ND home losses for an FSU road win (coupled with a Clemson win on the road) and I think we would definitely be in. So 6 points total in those two games separates us from being a tourney team. Ugh.

Yeah, with that road record it would be tough for them to leave us out. Say we beat Miami, then it would be 9-2 on the road. With wins over FSU, UVA, GTech, and Clemson. So many scenarios where if 2-3 close games went our way that we would be in if we beat Miami, and grab one in the ACCT.

Personally, I think we are a tournament team. The team as it is now probably would have at least beat ND, and VaTech at home. If Marek doesn’t get a phantom 5th, we beat Clemson. It’s been a disappointing season that should have been better with the talent we have. Granted, it could have been a lot worse after how things started, so it’s also been an enjoyable season in some ways. The improvement, and not just folding up shop when things were grim, along with the coaching job by JB.

With the strides they have made, and how they are capable of playing, I’m excited for the future. Many are worried that without Elijah we are looking at a trip to the NIT next season. I think we’ll be fine, and get back into the big dance. Or again, since I’m not counting us out just yet this year. It could be a bubble team along the way again unfortunately, but I’m confident we end up on the right side of it when all is said, and done. Add Towns, and/or Tape, and we’re in. Especially Towns, but I love what Tape would add to the team. Just isn’t as big of a need with a senior Sidibe, JBA/Jesse, and then Marek in a pinch.

A lineup of JG3/Buddy/Towns/Marek, and Sidibe/Tape, with Quincy, and whatever guard steps up off the bench is top 25 quality. And top 4 in the ACC good. Scorers at every position, and three shooters again. Still small up top on D, but Goodine can be that guy when needed, in my opinion. Solidly 8-9-10 deep. I don’t want to lose anyone, but Carey seems to be the odd man out, and then Braswell if both grad transfers come since the two frosh are coming in. HW can backup the point. JBA/Jesse wouldn’t see much time if Tape came. I guess Woody would technically backup Towns, but rarely see action in big games.

Really would like to hang onto Braswell. Missing out on Towns would probably keep him around, so we can reap the rewards when he’s an upperclassman. Like when Dior gets here, and we make a run at cutting down the nets. Just like Southerland could have been the missing piece in 2014, if he had redshirted a year, Braswell could be that guy in 2023. Obviously we would sacrifice that possibility to improve our chances next year. We shall see where the chips fall, but we’re finally stocked up again for the foreseeable future.