Rob Moore to Stay On... | Syracusefan.com

Rob Moore to Stay On...

Well, some coaches are better than none. Still wish we had held onto Wheatley, but I think we all knew he'd be moving on sooner than later.

Good to hear, especially Moore to keep some continuity from the offensive side of the ball. The keys are Adkins and Anselmo.

Fitting that the guy Marrone doesn't take is the SU guy :)

I read somewhere that Adkins was in the meeting room last night. I hope that is a good sign...

Let's be proud of the guys who decided to stay and have faith Shafer has a plan to go forward.

I'm hoping this means the OC search is almost complete and Rob is comfortable working with the future hire.

I haven't read much about it lately, but any word on Laray Smith? The feeling was that keeping Anselmo would mean we could/would still get Smith. At least if we added a guy like that, it'd help lessen the blow of any other defections from this current class.

I haven't read much about it lately, but any word on Laray Smith? The feeling was that keeping Anselmo would mean we could/would still get Smith. At least if we added a guy like that, it'd help lessen the blow of any other defections from this current class.

Yeah - would love to keep Adkins...

A nice OC announcement and Adkins retained could stave off some defections...

Let's be proud of the guys who decided to stay and have faith Shafer has a plan to go forward.

I'm hoping this means the OC search is almost complete and Rob is comfortable working with the future hire.

OC, at least experienced ones. like having the ability to choose their staff or have a choice in the matter. Since Wheatly departed, which is a pretty significant loss, but not unexpected as he was probably looking for a shot at a higher position, Moore is pretty secure, for now at least. But I am very curious at this point who we bring in, and how we close the recruiting season. Now our big JC Safety appears to be waivoring even on the visit here. Shafer has his work cut out for him and if we take a major step back next season with another brutal schedule in the wake (@FSU, Clemson, [Nuetral at best]PSU, @NW, @MD, Pitt, BC, @NCSt, @GT, Wake and Tulane with a supposed another home game vs. somebody, most likley an FCS squad) He will be tested right out of the gate as we won't play a home game until mid September. We need a positive Coach Shafer! Your PC was uplifting, keep it going by closing this class with at least 1 big surprise, and bringing in good choices at OC and otehr vacancies. He is hiring a special teams coach I hope!

Retaining a position coach on each side of the ball is really important for our bastardized version of "continuity". Position coaches, at least in my football life, are usually able to be a bit more buddy buddy with the players.

Recruits always commented on how our team, above most others, felt like a family. Moore and Daoust continuing to work under Shafer can only help maintain this culture.

One can only assume Marrone loves Bell Biv Devoe.

Does RM have any chance of being handed the keys to the offense?

One can only assume Marrone loves Bell Biv Devoe.
in other words, moore is dead to him?

Rob Moore youre dead.....

that girl is poison...

Oh Lord

in other words, moore is dead to him?

Rob Moore youre dead.....

that girl is poison...

Oh Lord

The only offensive assistant that he didn't take with him to Buffalo. Clearly he sides with BBD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom