Rob Murphy | Syracusefan.com

Rob Murphy

Cuseman78

All Conference
I was browsing through some conference tourney scores and noticed that Eastern Michigan lost in the 1st rd of the MAC Tourney. That sent me down the rabbit hole of Eastern Michigan basketball and looks like they've been going in the wrong direction the last 3 years.

If he were to leave, any chance Rob would be welcomed back on the staff? I believe his wife is a local Syracuse TV personality so maybe that could make sense for him from a family perspective. I wouldnt mind having him back as it feels like we need to refresh the recruiting part of our staff. He would certainly be an upgrade.

I was browsing through some conference tourney scores and noticed that Eastern Michigan lost in the 1st rd of the MAC Tourney. That sent me down the rabbit hole of Eastern Michigan basketball and looks like they've been going in the wrong direction the last 3 years.

If he were to leave, any chance Rob would be welcomed back on the staff? I believe his wife is a local Syracuse TV personality so maybe that could make sense for him from a family perspective. I wouldnt mind having him back as it feels like we need to refresh the recruiting part of our staff. He would certainly be an upgrade.

ahem. the rumors.

I find the second paragraph to be humorous.
Popcorn

Replacing whom on staff?

Are you assuming JB retires? I would rather go after Stevie Thompson Sr. and get his stud son.

Replacing whom on staff?

Are you assuming JB retires? I would rather go after Stevie Thompson Sr. and get his stud son.
His son isn't that good that we should do that. Is Cam Reddish's dad in the picture?

His son isn't that good that we should do that. Is Cam Reddish's dad in the picture?
Ethan Thompson is a top 40 recruit.
I am not talking about Stevie Jr.

ahem. the rumors.

Oh geez, i must not have been privy to the specifics of "the rumors" but I think I get it. And if so, probably not happening then huh.

Oh geez, i must not have been privy to the specifics of "the rumors" but I think I get it. And if so, probably not happening then huh.
Rob wants the NBA like Weaver and we don't have an opening. The rumor will have nothing to do with it.

Rob wants the NBA like Weaver and we don't have an opening. The rumor will have nothing to do with it.
Well, we will have an opening on the staff when JAB retires unless Devo gets promoted to assistant coach. Hop could use a guy like Murphy to help him.

Replacing whom on staff?

Would Stevie even be interested? He's from LA and has spent his entire coaching career since 2002 in California and Oregon. Seems like a guy that's happy on the west coast to me.

Would Stevie even be interested? He's from LA and has spent his entire coaching career since 2002 in California and Oregon. Seems like a guy that's happy on the west coast to me.
Not sure to be honest. If we are going to have an opening and it has to be a Syracuse guy I would atleast call Stevie. His son is a stud 2 guard recruit.

Stevie is not looking for another assistant job at this point in time.

Hire Porter from UW who's about to get let go with Romar. Bring in his son, who is incredible.

We're just making stuff up, now, right?

Well, we will have an opening on the staff when JAB retires unless Devo gets promoted to assistant coach. Hop could use a guy like Murphy to help him.
I want a hitter better than Rob. He is out there and Hop knows him.

Hire Porter from UW who's about to get let go with Romar. Bring in his son, who is incredible.

We're just making stuff up, now, right?

Washington just announced Romar was staying put for another year.

Washington just announced Romar was staying put for another year.
Ugh, there goes that. I imagine it's literally to keep Porter signed up. Kid is Durant redux.

We need some guy who has current connections to a top AAU program. You need a new one every 5 years to stay current. That's how you get the top talent (unless you're Cal or K).

Rewarding failure is stupid.