Roberson/Lydon/Coleman combined 9 rebounds | Syracusefan.com

Roberson/Lydon/Coleman combined 9 rebounds

AAM62 said:
Lydon got abused all game

Yup, the frosh on wisconsin just dominated him. And he missed badly on some open 3s.

Ehh its probably good for him, knock him back down to earth a little bit. Bahamas was great but it aint always gonna be that easy kid

What's up with DC2? Boeheim must see something in his game that he doesn't like. It was mentioned during the telecast that it was a coaches decision not to play him in the second half.

What's up with DC2? Boeheim must see something in his game that he doesn't like. It was mentioned during the telecast that it was a coaches decision not to play him in the second half.

Looked like he got blocked trying to take his offensive board back up. I think that's what sunk his night. JB reads here too often and sees how angry guys get about DC2 bringing the ball down low and getting blocked.

sounds like JB's (public) reasoning for benching DC is that he allowed two straight of those short-corner jumpers by Brown in the first half. And then JB's making-a-point stubborness won the day in the 2nd half, as Wisc was slaughtering us on the boards and carving us apart in the interior of the zone but DC never got off the bench. I don't really get it.

Surprised Obokoh didn't get a quick 2-3 minute look in the first half. Could have been a good game againast a slower moving freshmen for him.

Lydon played pretty good defensively in the first half imo until in the second when Wisky's bigs were sealing off more in the lower post. I think this is the perfect game were Obokoh's weight maybe could have helped alittle.

Last edited:
Coleman should get more run against most teams, I just don't think JB thought it was a good matchup for him. Wisconsin Plays offense against zones like Pittsburgh, and like them their bigs are good passers and really good at hitting the short corner jumpers. He should definitely help on the boards going forward, as he has the highest rebounding rate on the team.

Lydon is a 3 or 4 trying to play the middle of the zone. Of course he's going to get dominated on the boards by a 7 footer and a couple of 6'8" 240 lb kids. With his and Roberson's foul trouble, they were less aggressivthan usual.

I'm surprised these rebounding discrepancies don't happen more often considering the zone and the skinny kids playing it.

4 guards and a power forward with roberson on the bench . we're basically nova playing zone.