Roberson | Syracusefan.com

Roberson

T

tee1222

Shooting 61% last four games. A little less stumbling and bumbling. The same to be said of vexing and perplexing. :)
frazier--300x300.jpg

Not only does it look like he is shaving off the yips, he is definitely getting us extra possessions on the glass. Passing looks better, seeing him rewarded on the break every now and again and finally, that mid range jumper falls with regularity.

Both him and Mike playing efficiently is huge for us. Four+ people on the floor you have to worry about spaces it out for both parties, inside and out.

Roberson's rebounding skills/ability is really top notch & his impact in that area alone is extremely valuable. He's showing decent progress lately & I'm really hoping it continues. His development (or lack of it) this year will be our single biggest factor on how successful a season we have, IMO. Hopefully the steady progress continues & JB gives him enough minutes to work through stretches of poor play.

You can see the difference with him when he gets the ball. He isn't scared anymore and looks like he's playing with confidence.
Yeah, even before that first step. He's ready to pass or if isolated, has one or two initial moves he is comfortable with. Has come a long way, but I still think he's at about 80% of potential. Has an extra gear I hope we see this year or next.

Yeah, even before that first step. He's ready to pass or if isolated, has one or two initial moves he is comfortable with. Has come a long way, but I still think he's at about 80% of potential. Has an extra gear I hope we see this year or next.

Agreed. Its like the game went from hyperdpeed to just fast and he's more comfortable but when it really slows down for him he's going to be a great complimentary player at the very least.

He is making progress, but he is very limited off the bounce...scares the crap out of me when he has to dribble more than twice

He is making progress, but he is very limited off the bounce...scares the crap out of me when he has to dribble more than twice
His first move, when receiving the ball within 15 feet of the hoop, should be to look for the mid-range shot. His dribbling skill at this juncture of his career is comparable to Grant's last season--which is to say, not good.

He is naturally a 4...not many 4's have good handles at this level.

I think JB would like to play Cooney and G in the backcourt together at times, but we can't afford McCullough/Rak/Roberson in the game together for that long.

McCullough was actually better today when Rak sat and he played center. Long Beach abused him repeatedly on the wing.

Yes, he had a few steals and didn't get too far out of position. This was nice, though I don't think he'll have much success at center this year.

Agreed. Its like the game went from hyperdpeed to just fast and he's more comfortable but when it really slows down for him he's going to be a great complimentary player at the very least.

That sounds like something Ive done at some outdoor concerts. I wouldnt doubt maybe 1 or 2 indoor ones too. Waste of time and money otherwise!

The problem earlier is they were playing him as a 3 before with Mccullough on the floor. He's a good 4, but when we play him at 3, we can't pread the floor like we need to.

Roberson's rebounding skills/ability is really top notch & his impact in that area alone is extremely valuable. He's showing decent progress lately & I'm really hoping it continues. His development (or lack of it) this year will be our single biggest factor on how successful a season we have, IMO. Hopefully the steady progress continues & JB gives him enough minutes to work through stretches of poor play.

Agreed. He had that breakout game a few games ago [against Louisiana Tech], and since then looks to have really settled down and gotten a lot more comfortable. Great to see--he's going to be a key contributor this year, and a starter next year.

McCullough was actually better today when Rak sat and he played center. Long Beach abused him repeatedly on the wing.

Brings a interesting point. As a fresh he is learning two positions thats alot to think about for a fresh.

Great to see someone like roberson come in and play well. Especially recently when SYRACUSE needed a boost and jolt off the bench because of McC's lack of play recently. Fan of roberson and LOVE how active he can be. Just needs to do it every game now. Can really rebound and doesn't have that bad of a touch around the rim when he is playing with confidence

Last edited: