Robersons a beast | Syracusefan.com

Robersons a beast

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
He seems to have a knack of being in position to rebound. His instincts are a huge asset. Not only that but hes super athletic and finds different ways to score when his jumper is falling. Hes sharp as well and it shows in his game. Hes a future double- double guy.

And if it wasnt for injuries he probably wouldnt have been giving enough time to develop.

Double-double? He needs to mess around more and go for the triple-double. Make it a good day.

cf4f1f19b773d36567a51a444bdaf56c4d51ce5dfb7af06ae636ccf2d3d58652.jpg

He seems to have a knack of being in position to rebound. His instincts are a huge asset. Not only that but hes super athletic and finds different ways to score when his jumper is falling. Hes sharp as well and it shows in his game. Hes a future double- double guy.

And if it wasnt for injuries he probably wouldnt have been giving enough time to develop.
He played very hard but it is IMPERATIVE going forward for his career that he hits that consistently UNGUARDED 12-17 foot jumps shot

He played very hard but it is IMPERATIVE going forward for his career that he hits that consistently UNGUARDED 12-17 foot jumps shot
Kid plays a great game. More aggressive for a full game than we have seen. Shows the potential many of us have felt was there. And you choose to criticize after simply saying he played hard. :noidea:

Dcuse said:
He will i bet ,he front rims a lot of his shots right not and thats fixable.

I've made this comparison before, but he's George Lynch from UNC. Identical.

He's going to be a terrific player by the time he's a senior. He'll have confidence taking and making that mid range shot, and yesterday's performance gave us a glimpse of his ability to score in the paint. He just needs a little more refinement and to add some good weight / strength, and he'll be a very good player for us over the course of the next two years.

Oh, and he's a pretty good rebounder.

Kid plays a great game. More aggressive for a full game than we have seen. Shows the potential many of us have felt was there. And you choose to criticize after simply saying he played hard. :noidea:
We want him to be an All-ACC player not a "once in a while I play good" player. He needs to develop a consistent jumpshot to consistently have good games. Tons of upside shown yesterday. Why is everyone so defensive on here, my goodness.

Roberson plays with a great motor. He's shown a raw version of the Grant spin move in the lane. I think he'll fix his jumper over the summer and will be solid next year. His shooting appears to be more mental. It's almost like his too open and over thinks it.

I've made this comparison before, but he's George Lynch from UNC. Identical.

He's going to be a terrific player by the time he's a senior. He'll have confidence taking and making that mid range shot, and yesterday's performance gave us a glimpse of his ability to score in the paint. He just needs a little more refinement and to add some good weight / strength, and he'll be a very good player for us over the course of the next two years.

Oh, and he's a pretty good rebounder.
George Lynch, very good comparison. That's his game. Big time rebounder, will eventually play both inside and out. He's getting there.

tee1222 said:
George Lynch, very good comparison. That's his game. Big time rebounder, will eventually play both inside and out. He's getting there.

He's rebounding well/great sometimes, but he's been missing a ton of bunnies and don't think he's hit anything outside from 10 in months man.

I do think he is extremely capable rebounding and playing inside, but I'm almost to the point id rather him abandon any sort of outside game and focus on his post game more.

He's rebounding well/great sometimes, but he's been missing a ton of bunnies and don't think he's hit anything outside from 10 in months man.

I do think he is extremely capable rebounding and playing inside, but I'm almost to the point id rather him abandon any sort of outside game and focus on his post game more.
100% agree about the last sentence, work inside for now. But he did hit two jumpers 2 or 3 games ago. Doesn't matter. He's not consistent yet with them but will be. All about the yips right now, I'm convinced.

We want him to be an All-ACC player not a "once in a while I play good" player. He needs to develop a consistent jumpshot to consistently have good games. Tons of upside shown yesterday. Why is everyone so defensive on here, my goodness.
Don't argue a bit with what you just said. I had a problem with the way Dcuse chose to downplay what Tyler had done by using caps to say what he really needed to do. We all want Tyler to be all ACC and more. I was just looking for a bit more appreciation for how well he had played without diluting it with what was IMPARATIVE .

He had 1 or 2 boards yesterday where I said "wow" out loud; to see him sky over guys like Okafor, Jefferson and Winslow was really impressive. Grant relied on pure athletiscim to get most of his rebounds; Roberson is a better technical rebounder and has the athletisicm to go with it.

100% agree about the last sentence, work inside for now. But he did hit two jumpers 2 or 3 games ago. Doesn't matter. He's not consistent yet with them but will be. All about the yips right now, I'm convinced.
I think it was first half UNC game.

I couldn't figure out why Roberson wasn't used inside against BC. He played too far from the lane. He could have scored at will against them.

I don't remember the exact game, but since ACC play started, his confidence has gone through the roof. He was surging as a rebounder, now he's really gotten a good feel for the game within 10 feet. Confidence is a crazy thing. We saw it with BJ, too, vs. BC.