Roc | Syracusefan.com

Roc

T

tee1222

Remember when we used to say he has no fire, doesn't take charge and similar? :)
Those days are long behind us. He just abuses the low post defender at will. I can't believe I am seeing his offense nearly just along as his defense. Be right back. Need to cry.

I'm in the camp where I believe he was capable of it before. How many games did he have 7 shots or less last year?

The only center in recent times that I can recall averaging almost 10 shots/game was probably Rick Jackson in his senior year and some attempts were probably off offensive rebounds.However for his career he averaged only 6 shots on 58% shooting. Arinze also only averaged 6 shots a game for his career despite shooting 65% and never was a focus of the offense in his 4 years. We just don't seem to revolve our offense around our centers - we've mainly had a "get the rebound , put it back in yourself" philosophy. Our defense though does revolve around our centers.

Great to see Rakeem's progress, aggressiveness and focus - he looks like a man among boys out there. I think Baye was the only center we've had that didn't develop physically into a real presence by their senior year.

Remember when we used to say he has no fire, doesn't take charge and similar? :)
Those days are long behind us. He just abuses the low post defender at will. I can't believe I am seeing his offense nearly just along as his defense. Be right back. Need to cry.
He gone.