Ron Thompson Move to DL is Looking Good | Syracusefan.com

Ron Thompson Move to DL is Looking Good

VirginiaOrange

2nd String
Early yet - but this kid is making big strides and with 3.5 years left should end up a monster at DE. Good games increase confidence, increased confidence make it more fun, more fun equals sky is the limit potential.

SU has plenty of TE talent - and it is much easier to find than a beast at DE. This is going to end up being a great move for the team and RT personally.

I have this feeling Ron is going to be playing D tackle before all is said and done. And yes, I would take a monster at D tackle over a monster at D end.

I really like this move. I can't wait to see him in another year or two once he understands the position/techniques better. Our DLine future looks good right now.

Looking good Ron...feeling good Billy Ray!

The kid is an athlete and if he can stay athletic and SU can continue to get guys that can drive and thrive at the DT position we will have a heck of a DE. If he grew into a DT I hope he can keep his athletic ability.

Regarding DT's...SU has Crume, Raymon coming back with Trejo, Coleman, Sloan and who else to fill the DT slots? A lot of talent on the DE's coming back with losing Bromely and Jones at DT.

Looking good Ron...feeling good Billy Ray!

The kid is an athlete and if he can stay athletic and SU can continue to get guys that can drive and thrive at the DT position we will have a heck of a DE. If he grew into a DT I hope he can keep his athletic ability.

Regarding DT's...SU has Crume, Raymon coming back with Trejo, Coleman, Sloan and who else to fill the DT slots? A lot of talent on the DE's coming back with losing Bromely and Jones at DT.
I believe Trejo was recruited as a DE...he only weighs 240.

Seeing the way they've seemingly phased out the TE in the offense he must be happy with the move.

I believe Trejo was recruited as a DE...he only weighs 240.

Yeah I thought so too and was looking at the program when I wrote that. Thompson has a far better chance at 290 than Trejo.

we dont need Trejo to get to 290.. if we could get him to 260 and be a pass rusher that would be great

we dont need Trejo to get to 290.. if we could get him to 260 and be a pass rusher that would be great
Vic Beasley from Clemson might be one of the top 5 pass rushers in the country and he only weighs 225. I was very impressed with the job Hickey did against him.