roosevelts "new deal' ala 2012 | Syracusefan.com

roosevelts "new deal' ala 2012

T

tipphill

i believe that the new announced deals will invocate congerssional inquiries, pressure and upcoming legal entanglements-----more is yet to come on this.

i believe that the new announced deals will invocate congerssional inquiries, pressure and upcoming legal entanglements-----more is yet to come on this.

I will agree with you.

This smells.

It challenges the competitive landscape - and it's not necessary.

Nahh!

As venal, as grandstanding and vote-grubbing as Congress is there is no room on the national agenda for this conversation.

Besides, the citizens of the schools that are potentially going to get hurt don't care about college football all that much. Representatives from the States that care about football would fight like tigers.

Nahh!

As venal, as grandstanding and vote-grubbing as Congress is there is no room on the national agenda for this conversation.

Besides, the citizens of the schools that are potentially going to get hurt don't care about college football all that much. Representatives from the States that care about football would fight like tigers.

Agreed. Where will the outrage come from? The potential schools getting left out are either private schools or schools in the NE where no one cares about FB. Maybe Louisville gets left out and I could see them making a big stink but besides that where will the outrage come from?

Agreed. Where will the outrage come from? The potential schools getting left out are either private schools or schools in the NE where no one cares about FB. Maybe Louisville gets left out and I could see them making a big stink but besides that where will the outrage come from?

If Connecticut were Arkansas, it wold be different.

And maybe if times were different. But in today's economic and political climate, a northestern politician who took up that cause would face a withering fussilade of criticism from press and the citizenry. I can see letter like this:

Dear Senator (or just Dear Azzhole),

The State's economy is in the tank. We are facing a huge budget deficit. We need jobs, government revenue and we have lost control of of our national borders.

And instead of addressing any of these problems, you are off on a attention-diverting, grandstanding gambit to try and protect Rutgers (or UConn) football.

Get back to work on the priority problems or you will be back in Newark chasing ambulances.

Signed - Registered Voter

I hereby respectfully disagree with the esteemed gentlemen who posted above and declare that the proper and final authority on all things commerce in these here United States is, was and always will be the Congress of the United States. By any and all accounts the revenues generated by some states in this here College football alliance which has relegated some 20 states completely irrelevant in the fine world of College Football.

It is inconceivable that such chicanery could take place in a free country. I do hereby call for Congressional Hearings for a quick and final resolution to all things college football. We shall also address this foolish non-sense that a playoff cannot be performed, this, in spite of up to six seeks of practices in which a four week tournament could easily fit.

Besides, it would take America's mind off the fact that Congress actually does nothing substantial anyway and we foot the bill for their procrastination and ineptitude. I yield my time back to the Speaker/President Pro Tem.

Nahh!

I would just like to say baseball steroids, Roger Clemens trial 1 and 2, Barry bonds, etc etc. Govt will be all over this mainly because they have 10000000000 more important things to do. Enough said

Charles Schumer, SU Grad, TV Face Time

Need I say more?

Yeah. And what we would get is a lot of noise and no action. Same as everything else. We could get our other SU grad, Joe Biden (A certified nitwit) to lobby on our behalf.

i don't expect a lot of noise from new york state,to much other stuff going on. but i believe there will be more of a national representation including politicos in the atlantic states, and mid west and west.---i believe many of them are fed up as well with the dictatorship and arrogance of the mighty, in college football. it started a couple of years ago and this will fuel the fire----naievly(sp)---i expect a significant backlash coming, from out of left field on this if it comes to fruition and being the functional paranoid that i am, it has already started behind the scenes. i also believe when the political sabers start to rattle, the sec and big 12 will not want them looking to closely into their business. this plan calls into question the basic fiber of intercollegiate sports and its intent. the ncaa is useless in this matter(and many other matters as well) the questions will arise in the political sector with the media as a strange bedfellow.

i don't expect a lot of noise from new york state,to much other stuff going on. but i believe there will be more of a national representation including politicos in the atlantic states, and mid west and west.---i believe many of them are fed up as well with the dictatorship and arrogance of the mighty, in college football. it started a couple of years ago and this will fuel the fire----naievly(sp)---i expect a significant backlash coming, from out of left field on this if it comes to fruition and being the functional paranoid that i am, it has already started behind the scenes. i also believe when the political sabers start to rattle, the sec and big 12 will not want them looking to closely into their business. this plan calls into question the basic fiber of intercollegiate sports and its intent. the ncaa is useless in this matter(and many other matters as well) the questions will arise in the political sector with the media as a strange bedfellow.

tipphill wanted to consolidate our two threads... can't do that, I think, but here is a link to the thread I started on politics and realignment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom