Rooting for Penn State | Syracusefan.com

Rooting for Penn State

OrangePA

Living Legend
Yes, I know, I know.

But I want Wisconsin to lose before it heads to the so called Big Ten Championship Game against Nebraska.

I want that game to be viewed as a college football joke.

Anything that embarrasses the "BIG" is fine with me.

they will only be embarrassed by the stacks of cash they are taking to the bank.

I can never root for Penn State and it has nothing to do with Sandusky.

It could be Iowa vs Ilinois and the B1G would come out smelling like a rose. Means very little

There are 2 very good reasons not to root for PedSt. Surprised anyone here would root for them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I can't think of a single school I like less. Hated them long before last November. I suppose if they were in a stadium with Rutgers or Miami, I'd root for the Earth to open up and swallow them all whole.

As bees said, as a true SU fan, I can't see how you could ever root for that school.

And, it has nothing to do with Sandusky.

As bees said, as a true SU fan, I can't see how you could ever root for that school.

And, it has nothing to do with Sandusky.

At this point I hate the entire Big Ten more than PSU by itself.

Anything that makes the Big Ten look bad is worth it.

At this point I hate the entire Big Ten more than PSU by itself.

Anything that makes the Big Ten look bad is worth it.

You're entitled to hate whoever you want, but you do realize that we're joining a conference that has done the exact same thing as the Big Ten.

Twice.

You're entitled to hate whoever you want, but you do realize that we're joining a conference that has done the exact same thing as the Big Ten.

Twice.

Yeah, the fact that it had a chance to impact us has me playing defense like the Steel Curtain, but part of everyone should laugh at Swofford just a bit over the face slapping irony.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, the fact that it had a chance to impact us has me playing defense like the Steel Curtain, but part of everyone should laugh at Swofford just a bit over the face slapping irony.

The more I think about it, the more I think all these commissioners doing this incremental dance is stupid. Taking one team here and two teams there, like they need to pretend this is about anything other than sheer, unmitigated greed.

Someone needs to just make an F.U. move, add a ton of teams, and end this.

The more I think about it, the more I think all these commissioners doing this incremental dance is stupid. Taking one team here and two teams there, like they need to pretend this is about anything other than sheer, unmitigated greed.

Someone needs to just make an F.U. move, add a ton of teams, and end this.

Not just greed, it's a big, old fashioned sword fight. Deep down, these guys are probably pretty insecure.

Not just greed, it's a big, old fashioned sword fight. Deep down, these guys are probably pretty insecure.

Very true.

I bet they drive expensive sports cars.

Twice.

True.

But I guess I can rationalize a bit.

Swofford sought to create an east coast version of the Pac 12.

The Big Ten is trying to corner a market.

True.

But I guess I can rationalize a bit.

Swofford sought to create an east coast version of the Pac 12.

The Big Ten is trying to corner a market.

Eh, the Big Ten can't corner anything as long as the SEC and PAC-12 exist. If the ACC can't keep themselves together it's their own fault, really.

I'll root for the players, they had nothing to do with the mess.

Players come and go. The institution is always the institution.

But long before last November, those SU fans who aren't youngsters know who SU looked at as their real rival. And it wasn't VT or Miami or the girls.

Players come and go. The institution is always the institution.

But long before last November, those SU fans who aren't youngsters know who SU looked at as their real rival. And it wasn't VT or Miami or the girls.

Colgate?

Colgate?

Ha. Those old timers aren't even with us any more.

It could be Iowa vs Ilinois and the B1G would come out smelling like a rose. Means very little

That's the one thing that really gets me about the expansion. The B1G plays crap football and crap hoops, yet they still convince cable companies that the Big Ten network is the end all be all. Makes sense they picked Rutgers. A BS'er knows another BS'er when the see it.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...endance-lowest-2001-beaver-stadium-renovation

Attendance falling for Penn St. And it will only get worse in the coming years

It'll be interesting to see if lower donation requirements and frozen pricing helps them stabilize attendance, or if it continues to drop. I think this season was a dead cat bounce, lots of seniors that didn't want to be defined by scandal and go out on their own terms.

I suspect it's going to drop next year regardless what Penn State does regarding pricing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom