Josh Kirkland #27 (sharing with Morris)
John Miller #56
Jon Burton #73

Ryan Norton now #12
Chris Clark now #18.
Julian Whigham now #21
Greg Tobias now #39.
Eric Morris now #48.
Marcus Coleman now #55 (sharing with Trudo)
Zian Jones now #77
Ron Thompson now #81

Andy Phillips gone.
Kyle Foster gone (???).

If Foster really isn't on the roster anymore (maybe that knee injury was worst than previously thought?), that seems strange that suathletics.com is updating the roster before an official announcement.
Doesn't it typically take a really long time for them to update roster changes?

Where's Wayne Williams?

Also, why do we have an associate head coach and an assistant head coach? Not sure the difference there.

Where's Wayne Williams?

Also, why do we have an associate head coach and an assistant head coach? Not sure the difference there.
I believe Wayne will not be getting to SU until the summer semester.

As for your second question, my guess would be that Shafer had more people to reward than titles to give out.

If Foster really isn't on the roster anymore (maybe that knee injury was worst than previously thought?), that seems strange that suathletics.com is updating the roster before an official announcement.
Doesn't it typically take a really long time for them to update roster changes?
I believe he broke his wrist rather than a knee injury.

I remember DM mentioning that he was missed because he had the potential to be a "difference maker". I think it was his injury that prompted us to offer a scholly to Chris Clark.

Maybe Foster was an oversight, or maybe there's a reason the new staff added two WR's to last year's class.

I believe Wayne will not be getting to SU until the summer semester.

As for your second question, my guess would be that Shafer had more people to reward than titles to give out.

I get that but why not just name them both assistant head coaches?

I get that but why not just name them both assistant head coaches?
I guarantee it has to do with payscale. I work at a college and titles, down to the last word and how they are phrased, are incredibly important in terms of salary.

For example - I'm a "sports information coordinator" instead of "sports information director" because directors get paid more. I've literally been told that.

"Associate" I would bet gets paid more than "assistant."

I am an operations manager ... not a director of operations, solely based on payscale

it is a way to pay less :mad:

I guarantee it has to do with payscale. I work at a college and titles, down to the last word and how they are phrased, are incredibly important in terms of salary.

For example - I'm a "sports information coordinator" instead of "sports information director" because directors get paid more. I've literally been told that.

Yes, in academia associate outranks assistant.

yes.

Can you elaborate on why? Knee injury? Left for somewhere else? As mentioned above he did get PT as a true freshman with a lot of people mentioning good things this coming year.

He played as a true freshman and big things were expected from him.

I'd say it's a loss.

So did Fleming. Foster didn't do anything in his three or four plays as a true frosh. He was lightly recruited and most thought we were taking a flyer on him. Had great size but no speed.

Bottom line is he didn't do anything in two seasons and might be gone because he shredded his knee. Ill take my chances with some of the other kids like Cornelius and the new kids coming in.

Yup. And "Assistant to the Director" gets paid way less than "Assistant Director". It's all about nomenclature. Just like the Federal Government.

That is too bad about Foster. I would bet it has to do with the injury. I hope that he recovers and finds his way onto a team. Good luck to him.