Roster Weights? | Syracusefan.com

Roster Weights?

CbusCuse

All Conference
it would be great to get an updated roster. Hope we get that info soon now that info is much slower. The weights are all still from 2023. They were not even updated to start the spring.an update post spring Depth chart would be nice too but that seems even less likely.

Cinco is listed at 186 lbs. He’s certainly over 200 lbs now. He posted this March 26th on his twitter. Holy hamstrings!

50F19E50-ECB8-4C7F-8E65-40430A891098.jpeg

it would be great to get an updated roster. Hope we get that info soon now that info is much slower. The weights are all still from 2023. They were not even updated to start the spring.an update post spring Depth chart would be nice too but that seems even less likely.

Cinco is listed at 186 lbs. He’s certainly over 200 lbs now. He posted this March 26th on his twitter. Holy hamstrings!

View attachment 241610
Wouldn’t hold out hope for a depth chart. A lot of schools aren’t even doing them in season anymore.

Would imagine we’ll get an updated roster in the next few weeks as transfers/signees getting to campus for the summer are allowed to be added then.

I don't really think it matters how much a kid weighs lol
Sure it does. It mattered even more when we had a load of small kids needing to be grown physically. Don’t have nearly as many of those currently though. I just like to know who has been working extra hard.

I’m actually a tad concerned Cinco put on too much weight that it affects his agility and ability to change direction. He’s looking like a LB. Hoping that pic is stretched a bit width wise.

Last edited:
Sure it does. It mattered even more when we had a biat load of small kids needing to be grown physically. Don’t have nearly as many of those currently though. I just like to know who has been working extra hard.

I’m actually a tad concerned Cinco didn’t put on too much weight that it affects his agility and ability to change direction. He’s looking like a LB. Hoping that pic is stretched a bit width wise.
Can the kids play football the way it needs to be played? That's all I care about. Clark being listed as 200 or 205 on the roster means nothing to me.

Also, the pictures clearly don't have the correct aspect ratio.

Can the kids play football the way it needs to be played? That's all I care about. Clark being listed as 200 or 205 on the roster means nothing to me.

Also, the pictures clearly don't have the correct aspect ratio.
If we don’t get an updated roster so be it. I’m not criticizing anybody on that decision. It’s just a piece of information I look forward to. You’re not interested in an updated roster. Fine. Whatever.

If we don’t get an updated roster so be it. I’m not criticizing anybody on that decision. It’s just a piece of information I look forward to. You’re not interested in an updated roster. Fine. Whatever.
I've always wondered why people comment on subjects that they don't think matter.

I don't really think it matters how much a kid weighs lol
Look at one of our incoming Recruits, Malachi James he is listed 5-11-198. Watching him run track he's in great shape, and just ran a 10:18 100 meters.
4th fastest in the entire country for high school.
Fran likes measurables, the players on this team will be in shape if they want to play.

View attachment 241610

Well, he clearly didn't skip leg day. Holy crap that's impressive. I don't think we ever have to worry about our S&C program again.

Well, he clearly didn't skip leg day. Holy crap that's impressive. I don't think we ever have to worry about our S&C program again.

Deuce is listed at 205 lbs on the current roster. In the No Destination podcast Cinco was quite a bit bigger than Deuce when they were sitting side by side. He’s looking beastly.

Look at one of our incoming Recruits, Malachi James he is listed 5-11-198. Watching him run track he's in great shape, and just ran a 10:18 100 meters.
4th fastest in the entire country for high school.
Fran likes measurables, the players on this team will be in shape if they want to play.
Actual clocked speed is so much different than height and weight numbers.

As a fan there's really no reason for height/weight to matter to us. All fans use it for is "that guy can put on more weight" or "that guy's too fat" or "he bulked up too much so now he's slow" hypotheticals. Or, a board favorite, "if the S&C Staff puts some good weight on he could play DT"

Coaching staff should have them, but I'm sure they're not releasing the actual numbers and realistically, why should they?

Obviously weight is one of many variables that go into football performance, but I definitely think it’s part of the equation. A great example is the 2022 Notre Dame game in the Dome when our defensive line was just helplessly undersized and there was nothing we could do about it.

Actual clocked speed is so much different than height and weight numbers.

As a fan there's really no reason for height/weight to matter to us. All fans use it for is "that guy can put on more weight" or "that guy's too fat" or "he bulked up too much so now he's slow" hypotheticals. Or, a board favorite, "if the S&C Staff puts some good weight on he could play DT"

Coaching staff should have them, but I'm sure they're not releasing the actual numbers and realistically, why should they?
B ...I hope you're saying a Ht/wt in a program shouldn't matter to us...
or are you saying an actual ht/wt doesn't/or won't matter.

B ...I hope you're saying a Ht/wt in a program shouldn't matter to us...
or are you saying an actual ht/wt doesn't/or won't matter.
Directly from my post you quoted "As a fan there's really no reason for height/weight to matter to us."

Directly from my post you quoted "As a fan there's really no reason for height/weight to matter to us."
Sure. But our linebackers are literally quoted saying we need more size on the line. Part of Marlowe coming back was Fran promising to add size to the edge and trench, thats fact. Thats information available to us as fans.

Our wideouts have constantly been outsized, which played into the staff ditching the pass late in the season. Nobody could contest for a ball. It wasn’t just inability to throw.

Its awesome we’re recruiting speed and its encouraging from a fan perspective to see we’re then adding muscle.

And I also remember there was a stretch in maybe 2020-2021 where our wide receivers simply didn't weigh enough. Taj Harris for instance had trouble with physicality and absorbing contact (in addition to being a numb skull).