Rothstein tweet on Southerland | Syracusefan.com

Rothstein tweet on Southerland

so if it goes well Friday(assuming it is indeed Friday), is that enough time to do all the paperwork, etc to get him reinstated for Sunday or could good news even mean another game?

nothing like waiting until the last minute. Jesus. How about holding it at 2:50 on Sunday afternoon?
For some reason I thought our game was at noon on Sunday. Interesting that it is at 3 pm.

For some reason I thought our game was at noon on Sunday. Interesting that it is at 3 pm.
The game was originally scheduled for 1pm (I think). They sent everyone an email saying that the game had been moved to 3pm on the same day. Not really sure what called for the swap, but it should give us a better turnout.

Plus Southerland is coming back that day!

The game was originally scheduled for 1pm (I think). They sent everyone an email saying that the game had been moved to 3pm on the same day. Not really sure what called for the swap, but it should give us a better turnout.

Plus Southerland is coming back that day!
That's correct - I remember getting the e-mail and seeing it in the Post Standard and on local TV

Well the game is on ESPN, maybe it wouldn't have been if they kept the 1PM tip.

Do they issue a decision at the meeting? Or do they deliberate until the following week? Is it an all or nothing or can they decide the length of suspension should be 8 or 10 games or whatever they think appropriate? Anyone know how this works?

Do they issue a decision at the meeting? Or do they deliberate until the following week? Is it an all or nothing or can they decide the length of suspension should be 8 or 10 games or whatever they think appropriate? Anyone know how this works?
It has been stated by a few here he will be back for St Johns.

images
shawshank.JPG

NCAA Review Committee: James Southerland, your files say you've served 5 games of what could be a season-long suspension. Do you feel you've been rehabilitated?
Dirty: Rehabilitated? Well, now let me see. You know, I don't have any idea what that means.
NCAA Review Committee: Well, it means that you're ready to rejoin society...
Dirty: I know what *you* think it means, sonny. To me it's just a made up word. An NCAA bureaucrat's word, so young fellas like yourself can wear a suit and a tie, and have a job. What do you really want to know? Am I sorry for what I did?
NCAA Review Committee: Well, are you?
Dirty: There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then: a young, stupid kid who violated that dumbass rule. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It's just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a .

Well done Harrison. One of the better parodies I've seen on here in a while. Nice work.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

images
shawshank.JPG

NCAA Review Committee: James Southerland, your files say you've served 5 games of what could be a season-long suspension. Do you feel you've been rehabilitated?
Dirty: Rehabilitated? Well, now let me see. You know, I don't have any idea what that means.
NCAA Review Committee: Well, it means that you're ready to rejoin society...
Dirty: I know what *you* think it means, sonny. To me it's just a made up word. An NCAA bureaucrat's word, so young fellas like yourself can wear a suit and a tie, and have a job. What do you really want to know? Am I sorry for what I did?
NCAA Review Committee: Well, are you?
Dirty: There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then: a young, stupid kid who violated that dumbass rule. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It's just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a .
Very nice. Did you memorize that dialogue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom