Rothstein's ACC Offseason Breakdown | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rothstein's ACC Offseason Breakdown

I think it's funny when people on here get all worked up about predictions being disrespectful to us. The last time we finished higher than 6th in the ACC was 2014. We've been anywhere from 6th to 10th since then, and most if those 6th places were ties.

We are not going to lose a single game this coming season, not even if we try to lose. .

A couple of years ago, SU returned ALL 5 starters. How did that work out?
You don’t think that was an aberration? I thought we’d be better that season with the addition of Hughes, but we still finished 6th in the ACC and got an 8 seed in the tourney. That’s not terrible. Our interior guys, Chukwu and Sidibe, just weren’t good enough to put us in the top 4 of the ACC. The biggest issue, though, is that our returning senior PG Frank Howard struggled to come back from an njury for most of the season, then got himself declared ineligible for the tourney.

I think it's funny when people on here get all worked up about predictions being disrespectful to us. The last time we finished higher than 6th in the ACC was 2014. We've been anywhere from 6th to 10th since then, and most if those 6th places were ties.
I think it’s funny when posters on here get all worked up about people on a fan message board disagreeing with ill-informed college basketball experts and having an opinion that’s not in line with their own clown opinions.

I think it’s funny when posters on here get all worked up about people on a fan message board disagreeing with ill-informed college basketball experts and having an opinion that’s not in line with their own clown opinions.
Who's worked up?

You don’t think that was an aberration? I thought we’d be better that season with the addition of Hughes, but we still finished 6th in the ACC and got an 8 seed in the tourney. That’s not terrible. Our interior guys, Chukwu and Sidibe, just weren’t good enough to put us in the top 4 of the ACC. The biggest issue, though, is that our returning senior PG Frank Howard struggled to come back from an njury for most of the season, then got himself declared ineligible for the tourney.
No I don't think that was as much of an aberration as you make it out to be. 1st of all the 1 starter not returning was not only the best player on the team but carried most of the weight. Then the returning centers have not proven they are much better than the 2 u mentioned (in fact 1 is the same guy!). Thirdly, the guard play is by many, questionable and as a duo not up to ACC standards (I don't necessarily agree but that is the opinion of most here). Fourthly, there is not the influex of new talent like Hughes, to fill out the rotation. And that maybe the real killer. The lose of 3 guard with experience in the system and a third forward makes for a lot of questions.

We are not going to lose a single game this coming season, not even if we try to lose. .

This is how I am. Right before every single game no matter what my brain convinces me the Orange going to win! It's really uncanny. It happens every time. My brain goes through these gyrations sometimes with many levels of elaborate details but in the end the only conclusion I ever come up with is the Orange win! It's really amazing how I convince myself every single time. Even when I am aware I am doing it I just can't control my rationalization process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom