RU Rewatch with Brown Liquor… | Syracusefan.com

RU Rewatch with Brown Liquor…

EuclidBred

Walk On
Well I got back from the dome around 9pm and wanted to rewatch the game (with a bourbon night cap) before I commented with some random opinions…

1. The Tommy DeVito era needs to come to an end. Sure the play calling was atrocious (like the last 2 years) but DeVito hit more of his teammates standing on the sideline than players on the field. A 5th year quarterback has to be better. Appreciate the beatings he’s taken over the years but it’s time for a charge and time to commit to that change. TD has shown nothing over the years to have a leash this long.

2. Our defense is fun to watch and played their ass off today. Aggressive, good tackling, just overall asserted their will. I must admit I am still cautiously optimistic. We have faced two terrible offenses. Liberty will be a big test for this D. Rutgers OL is 2020 Syracuse bad and they’ve got no Q. I’ll be ready to go all in on this D after I see what they do against LU but a tremendous game today.

3. The fact we have NO special teams coordinator has been overlooked and is an indictment on Dino. I’ve never seen a team get two illegal formation penalties on their punt team. Typically when you get one, you fix it. Getting two is inexcusable. Everyone in America knows Schiano likes blocking kicks and we get the first one (and almost one in the second half) blocked. We change punters for the most crucial punt of the game. We miss a FG. I mean what are we doing. How don’t we have a Special Teams coordinator? I predict special teams costs us at least one more win this season. Just terrible

4. Dino cannot get a penalty in that situation. Call it BS, call it Big Ten refs, none of that matters - he cannot let that happen. It was the turning point of the game. Hopefully he apologized to the team.

5. Lastly, Wildhack is going to have a tough decision at the end of this season. Dino should be done. Couple that with the fact that Moorhead is coaching his way into another P5 job and would be a great fit on the hill and we are looking at the perfect storm.

Two random things on the way back to Manley after the game - 1) rode back with a few alums from the 90s (won’t name names but everyone on this board would know them) and all 3 said they wont donate another dime until a change is made 2) Dino was in his office with it appeared to be a few of the offensive coaches around 7. Hoping they are ready to swallow their pride and give Schrader his shot.

Well I got back from the dome around 9pm and wanted to rewatch the game (with a bourbon night cap) before I commented with some random opinions…

1. The Tommy DeVito era needs to come to an end. Sure the play calling was atrocious (like the last 2 years) but DeVito hit more of his teammates standing on the sideline than players on the field. A 5th year quarterback has to be better. Appreciate the beatings he’s taken over the years but it’s time for a charge and time to commit to that change. TD has shown nothing over the years to have a leash this long.

2. Our defense is fun to watch and played their ass off today. Aggressive, good tackling, just overall asserted their will. I must admit I am still cautiously optimistic. We have faced two terrible offenses. Liberty will be a big test for this D. Rutgers OL is 2020 Syracuse bad and they’ve got no Q. I’ll be ready to go all in on this D after I see what they do against LU but a tremendous game today.

3. The fact we have NO special teams coordinator has been overlooked and is an indictment on Dino. I’ve never seen a team get two illegal formation penalties on their punt team. Typically when you get one, you fix it. Getting two is inexcusable. Everyone in America knows Schiano likes blocking kicks and we get the first one (and almost one in the second half) blocked. We change punters for the most crucial punt of the game. We miss a FG. I mean what are we doing. How don’t we have a Special Teams coordinator? I predict special teams costs us at least one more win this season. Just terrible

4. Dino cannot get a penalty in that situation. Call it BS, call it Big Ten refs, none of that matters - he cannot let that happen. It was the turning point of the game. Hopefully he apologized to the team.

5. Lastly, Wildhack is going to have a tough decision at the end of this season. Dino should be done. Couple that with the fact that Moorhead is coaching his way into another P5 job and would be a great fit on the hill and we are looking at the perfect storm.

Two random things on the way back to Manley after the game - 1) rode back with a few alums from the 90s (won’t name names but everyone on this board would know them) and all 3 said they wont donate another dime until a change is made 2) Dino was in his office with it appeared to be a few of the offensive coaches around 7. Hoping they are ready to swallow their pride and give Schrader his shot.
The punting unit was a disaster today. Both kicking and receiving. Rutgers flip the field on us several times today because our special teams are a tire fire.

I wanted Dino gone last year but knew he would be given this year. I think he is out as of right now. The Dome will be a mausoleum next week. He will need to pull of a miracle to get this offense in gear for the first time in three seasons to save his job. Devito needs to sit if he has any prayer of pulling it off.

Defense played great but injuries are really piling up. Nunn and Linton haven’t played this year. By my eyes LaBrosse and Kingsley were out the entire game. Williams and Carter were both injured during the game and really limping afterwards. Bear game back which was great to see. Am I missing anyone else?

Defense played great but injuries are really piling up. Nunn and Linton haven’t played this year. By my eyes LaBrosse and Kingsley were out the entire game. Williams and Carter were both injured during the game and really limping afterwards. Bear game back which was great to see. Am I missing anyone else?

heard at the dome yesterday that LaBrosse is hanging up his cleats

Yeah unfortunate. It’s also football though and injuries happen. I mean always.

The punting unit was a disaster today. Both kicking and receiving. Rutgers flip the field on us several times today because our special teams are a tire fire.

I wanted Dino gone last year but knew he would be given this year. I think he is out as of right now. The Dome will be a mausoleum next week. He will need to pull of a miracle to get this offense in gear for the first time in three seasons to save his job. Devito needs to sit if he has any prayer of pulling it off.
The families my Dad and i spent the day with are extremely disappointed. I expect both of their kids to transfer as they both have lots of options. One family had another child with them and suffice to say there is zero chance he considers SU.

The families my Dad and i spent the day with are extremely disappointed. I expect both of their kids to transfer as they both have lots of options. One family had another child with them and suffice to say there is zero chance he considers SU.
The highly anticipated mass exodus?

______ Rewatch with Brown Liquor should become weekly. Nice job with this one.

My guess is it will be announced by cuse this week. Sounded to me like he just doesn’t love football anymore.
Someone else said neither he nor Nunn were in attendance Saturday

If anyone wants to watch it again and actually see the beginning this time, ACCN is re-airing it tonight at 3 am.

If I was forced to rewatch my beverage of choice would be bleach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom