Rules/Stats question | Syracusefan.com

Rules/Stats question

DonLightfoot

All Conference
Just read the game recap on CBSSports.com. First, I was not aware that MSU missed their last 13 FG attempts, wow. Second, they further mentioned that Winton's heave at the buzzer did not count as a shot attempt. Anyone know why that is? It did get off before the buzzer, right?

Just read the game recap on CBSSports.com. First, I was not aware that MSU missed their last 13 FG attempts, wow. Second, they further mentioned that Winton's heave at the buzzer did not count as a shot attempt. Anyone know why that is? It did get off before the buzzer, right?

Maybe because it didn't hit the rim?

They don't count heaves as shot attempts (unless they go in).

I think the rule is that wild heaves to try to beat the buzzer are not counted as shots unless they go in or at least hit the rim. For example, if a guy releases a shot 90' away from the basket and it only travels 83', they don't consider that a legit attempt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom