Rumors that the FBI may be involved | Syracusefan.com

Rumors that the FBI may be involved

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
I would believe that is because a child was taken across state lines (bowl game) and a crime may have been committed.

Legal beagles?

I would believe that is because a child was taken across state lines (bowl game) and a crime may have been committed.

Legal beagles?

That would be why . . . or because the federal government thinks there's a federal role in everything. One or the other.

Legal beagles?

doesnt have to cross state lines to implicate FBI. They can support any law enforcement agency in the U.S. on any crime.

I bet they are involved, though, because (a) national news, (b) potential conspiracy, and (c) dont want to take the chance that some local law enforcement official doesnt put forth a complete effort due to love for all things PSU.

doesnt have to cross state lines to implicate FBI. They can support any law enforcement agency in the U.S. on any crime.

I bet they are involved, though, because (a) national news, (b) potential conspiracy, and (c) dont want to take the chance that some local law enforcement official doesnt put forth a complete effort due to love for all things PSU.

Considering how things have played out so far, I'll take option C

J Edgar be proud, wait he might have know sandusky quite well now that I think about it.

Hopefully the Gov. called them in

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

I hope that the FBI is called in, because we've already seen that we can't trust anything from the local law enforcement there.

Legal beagles?
More likely explanation is that someone high in the State (governor probably) called them to assist. Doesnt have to be a federal crime to get them involved.

The fbi is still looking into the 180k thing at auburn but now they can't seem to find newton to ask him any questions. They will continue to search the campus until he is found. I say this because as much as I want the fbi to be involved and hopefully protect sandusky and the ga so they can get their stories, I have little faith they will get the real aholes that are involved in this.

That's right--isn't that the basis for how the FBI gets involved in child abduction searches?

Legal beagles?
Let me stick my neck out a mile on this one. You can all tear me apart for mentioning Paterno. but let me get this on the table.

First, I am thrilled if the FBI into this. Simply, I don't trust the state to cover all of the bases IMO there are far reaching tentacles in this mess. In the end, this is going to be more about Spanier , the second mile and others. I think the missing DA is part of it.

My bet is Sandusky had serious leverage on Spanier , ergo the privileges.

Yes, Joe should have called the cops after he was given a bs reply about the incident. But, his mind was on football while other powerful people were involved withthe heart of the crime.

If you check Spaniers background you will find he once authored an uncommon study that gets your attention.

All of the above is solely my opinion but one can begin to connect circumstantial dots. Yeah, Joe has responsibility in this but the meat of the story is going to be elsewhere when it is all done.

Let me stick my neck out a mile on this one. You can all tear me apart for mentioning Paterno. but let me get this on the table.

First, I am thrilled if the FBI into this. Simply, I don't trust the state to cover all of the bases IMO there are far reaching tentacles in this mess. In the end, this is going to be more about Spanier , the second mile and others. I think the missing DA is part of it.

Yes, Joe should have called the cops after he was given a bs reply about the incident. But, his mind was on football while other powerful people were involved withthe heart of the crime.

If you check Spaniers background you will find he once authored an uncommon study that gets your attention.

All of the above is solely my opinion but one can begin to connect circumstantial dots. Yeah, Joe has responsibility in this but the meat of the story is going to be elsewhere when it is all done.

I think Spanier is knee deep i this obviously. But so is Paterno. It is his football team, his program and he is the "man". Even IF, we were to assume that Spanier is the one that let Sandusky hang around all the time, shouldn't Paterno had called BS on incidents like 2007 when he came to practice? Paterno had 15 years to blow the whistle on Sandusky and anyone else, he didn't do it. Why not? Nobody can ignore the fact that Sandusky was around that program for 15 years or poor playing his sick game. It doesn't matter if Spanier called the shots and not Paterno. For Paterno not to say enough and blow everyone in means he put football first. And everything I just said is made with the assumption that Paterno had no control over anything which anyone in Happy Valley knows is false. It's why in 2004 he was able to kick the Prez and AD out of his house when they wanted him to step down. If my boss had told me that I had to ignore one of my staff and his being a pedophile and allow him around, I would have blown him in too. Why is it the people who defend Paterno only want to focus on 2002 and whether telling his boss was enough? Think 1994 (at least) until 2007 (at least).

Details or link?

Check his wikipedia page. "Spanier was also an author of a study in the Archives of Sexual Behavior concerning the practice of mate swapping, or "swinging"."

It's really unfair to even tangentially link a practice among consenting adults to Sandusky.

It's really unfair to even tangentially link a practice among consenting adults to Sandusky.

Agreed. That has nothing to do with the case at hand, pedophilia, or anything even remotely associated with this.

Legal beagles?
I wonder if it has anything to do with the DA who was investigating Sandusky in '98 who has gone missing under mysterious circumstances.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the DA who was investigating Sandusky in '98 who has gone missing under mysterious circumstances.
That would just take this to an entirely new level if the DA's disappearance is connected to this case. Who knows where all this could lead to.

Check his wikipedia page. "Spanier was also an author of a study in the Archives of Sexual Behavior concerning the practice of mate swapping, or "swinging"."

Well it's on wikipedia, so it has to be true, right Michael Scott?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom