Run and stop the run | Syracusefan.com

Run and stop the run

Millhouse

Living Legend
323 to 158 rushing

466 to 74 passing

That it something else. Willing to bet that's one of the worst losses ever for a team with that kind of rushing

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

323 to 158 rushing

466 to 74 passing

That it something else. Willing to bet that's one of the worst losses ever for a team with that kind of rushing

Nearly half of those rushing yards came from 1 play...what was that a 65-70 yd run by Smith?

Yeah I wasn't thinking...I just woke up. Sorry...

Honestly...I didn't think we had that many rushing yards (although clearly they didn't so I should have thought more before posting that)...

We were 2 good wr away from making this in to a good game. I really like this coaching staff. It wasn't scheme that cost us. It was horrible wrs and some blown coverages.

It is a bizarre stat line. The big runs were all great to see but if we got the same production in 5-10 yard chunks vs 60, 0, 1, 2, -3, etc we wouldve been much better for it. I thought we went to the well too many times after a play worked one time. Rome busted that big run left then we tried it 4 more times in quick succession and got nowhere with it. Same thing happened up the middle after ptg broke his run. We would make a play, clemson would adjust to take it away, and we would keep running it anyway. RB's ended up running to holes that were never there after a bit. We needed to keep moving the target on them but our WR's also needed to give them a reason to not have 7 or 8 in the box and that never happened.

The other side of it was or defensive front doing very well against the run. Couldnt understand why our safeties got caught cheating up and looking into the backfield so often since they weren't needed in run support. We really miss Shamarko.

Yeah I wasn't thinking...I just woke up. Sorry...

Honestly...I didn't think we had that many rushing yards (although clearly they didn't so I should have thought more before posting that)...
I was surprised too.

Against teams like this you have to let your front 7 play the run. They HAVE to do their job and if you cheat and bite on play fakes you get your asses handed to you.

It is a very odd stat Millhouse and I don't know if I've ever seen one like that and the team loses 49-14 and heck...only scores 14 points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom