Russ Smith goes to UK locker room after game... | Syracusefan.com

Russ Smith goes to UK locker room after game...

SUintheVille

Former 'Blue Light Special' Announcer
Russ Smith played his last game for Louisville last night. Russ gets a little crazy at times, but I like him a lot. In interviews I see of him around here, he always come across as a good guy. This was really apparent in what he did last night, visiting the UK locker room after the game to congratulate their players. Now that's a class guy right there to do that in a very somber circumstance for Russ. Not sure I could do that. Here's the story...

"Louisville senior guard Russ Smith played his last game ever for the Cardinals on Friday night, losing 74-69 against the Kentucky Wildcats. However, despite the disappointment in losing to a bitter in-state rival, Smith handled the loss with grace. According to Jerry Tipton from the Lexington Herald-Leader, Smith went to visit the Wildcats locker room after the game to congratulate them on making it to the Elite Eight. Even in the most intense of rivalries, Smith showed that players can still be good sports, even when they lose."

Russ Smith played his last game for Louisville last night. Russ gets a little crazy at times, but I like him a lot. In interviews I see of him around here, he always come across as a good guy. This was really apparent in what he did last night, visiting the UK locker room after the game to congratulate their players. Now that's a class guy right there to do that in a very somber circumstance for Russ. Not sure I could do that. Here's the story...

"Louisville senior guard Russ Smith played his last game ever for the Cardinals on Friday night, losing 74-69 against the Kentucky Wildcats. However, despite the disappointment in losing to a bitter in-state rival, Smith handled the loss with grace. According to Jerry Tipton from the Lexington Herald-Leader, Smith went to visit the Wildcats locker room after the game to congratulate them on making it to the Elite Eight. Even in the most intense of rivalries, Smith showed that players can still be good sports, even when they lose."

Too bad his name isn't Coach K or this would be all over the media...class by the young man.

I teach and coach kids, I always say never show boat, but if you win, act like you have been there. pretty simple

Very cool.

I definitely think these rivalries mean about 100 times more to the fans than the players

Despite how much Louisville annoys me, I like him. Still hate Hancock though.

I thought the line at the end of the game was the time you congratulated the opposing team. Going into opposing locker room after a game is just wrong.
I did not like it when K did it.

No cameras = no K
Syracuse.com comment. Why so negative? Coach K is a class act who takes care of his players and demands that they handle themselves appropriately.