Rutgers' Hypocracy: Fire Imus, Rehabilitate Rice | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers' Hypocracy: Fire Imus, Rehabilitate Rice

texascpa

Living Legend
Anyone else remember the uproar by Rutgers after Imus said "nappy-headed hoes"? There were immediate calls for firing him. Yet, Rice calls players "faggots" and the President and AD decide to rehabilitate (Pernetti's word, not mine) him.

Interesting, how they quickly change their tune when it was one of their own.

Anyone else remember the uproar by Rutgers after Imus said "nappy-headed hoes"? There were immediate calls for firing him. Yet, Rice calls players "faggots" and the President and AD decide to rehabilitate (Pernetti's word, not mine) him.

good point.

Well, Imus and Rice answer to different bosses.

I would agree that Rice should have been fired once his superiors had the tapes in hand.

Well, Imus and Rice answer to different bosses.

I would agree that Rice should have been fired once his superiors had the tapes in hand.

Ultimately Rice, Pernetti and the university president answer to taxpayers.

An even bigger hypocritical response given recent history and the nature of Rice's slurs is the way the administration cut him slack after the Tyler Clemente incident.
That was a huge national story in which the university specifically made a major issue out of anti-gay "bullying."
I don't see how Pernetti can survive.
President Barchi may have to go as well.

No fan of Imus, but the fans were flamed by Sharpton and Stringer.

The irony of this would be if they get the University President, Barchi, but Pernetti is unscathed. After all, he is the one that got them into the B1G! Literally, that is the word around here. Amazing.

BTW, wasn't Pernetti one of the geniuses that turned down the original offer from ESPN for BE media rights? I seem to recall hearing that he felt he could help get a better deal, given his extensive media experience...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom