Rutgers in big time pimp mode now | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers in big time pimp mode now

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
A couple of their tweeters and others have spread those 2 stories about the NYT "scientific" :rolling: poll and the Friday night game ratings to so many people it has gone viral. Even the USAToday had an article on it and they must have mentioned NYC 5 or 6 times about those ratings. Some ignorant people out there for not realizing how many people in NJ it also includes.

If this stuff was so true it would already be known and rutgers would be sitting in a conference right now. But instead, like someone said, after WVU leaves, rutgers will stand as the lone original BE member like the last kid picked in gym class. That alone tells you that nobody believes any of that spin and nobody really cares if they get them. It's about the brand and they are the least desirable of every original member. Fact.

A couple of their tweeters and others have spread those 2 stories about the NYT "scientific" :rolling: poll and the Friday night game ratings to so man people it has gone viral. Even the USAToday had an article on it and they must have mentioned NYC 5 or 6 times about those ratings. Some ignorant people out there for not realizing how many people in NJ it also includes.

If this stuff was so true it would already be known and rutgers would be sitting in a conference right now. But instead, like someone said, after WVU leaves, rutgers will stand as the lone original BE member like the last kid picked in gym class. That alone tells you that nobody believes any of that spin and nobody really cares if they get them. It's about the brand and they are the least desirable of every original member. Fact.

+1

Well when WVU, Louisville, and Cincy leave... Rutgers will be NYC's Big East team. Fact! ;)

...but what is scarey about all of this is that who is believing this from the BG and ACC? Do they see through it?

A couple of their tweeters and others have spread those 2 stories about the NYT "scientific" :rolling: poll and the Friday night game ratings to so many people it has gone viral. Even the USAToday had an article on it and they must have mentioned NYC 5 or 6 times about those ratings. Some ignorant people out there for not realizing how many people in NJ it also includes.

That USA Today article was a hack job. First it doesn't account that RU did well in the NY/NJ market, not in NYC. Second it boasts RU's ratings, which were only good in ONE market and sucked nationally. The national number is all that matters.

That's got Pernetti's handprints all over it. They are clearly in full-blown panic mode. They have very, very little to offer so they love to blow the NYC ratings horn, along with the APR horn. There is a reason they are still waiting around. They are going to need more than internet fan polls and 1.4 ratings in the NYC market to get into the big boy clubs. There's a reason they are still sitting around.

That said, they could still get in, but only as a +1. They better pray.

That USA Today article was a hack job. First it doesn't account that RU did well in the NY/NJ market, not in NYC. Second it boasts RU's ratings, which were only good in ONE market and sucked nationally. The national number is all that matters.

The author of that article used to be a Rutgers beat writer and Rutgers alum. It's Pernetti pulling strings.

That's got Pernetti's handprints all over it. They are clearly in full-blown panic mode. They have very, very little to offer so they love to blow the NYC ratings horn, along with the APR horn. There is a reason they are still waiting around. They are going to need more than internet fan polls and 1.4 ratings in the NYC market to get into the big boy clubs. There's a reason they are still sitting around.

That said, they could still get in, but only as a +1. They better pray.

I believe eventually they will be a +1.

I believe eventually they will be a +1.

I think so too -- and their fan base will be too stupid to realize that they were simply a +1 and weren't really invited to the wedding.

I think so too -- and their fan base will be too stupid to realize that they were simply a +1 and weren't really invited to the wedding.

If they land in a BCS conference, I would love to see ND in the ACC and then let rutgers go to the B10. We'd see zillions of posts saying "hey sPitt and Sorrycuse, we're in the BIG10 so you and the ACC can suck it"! LOL. They would die on the vine there being the only east coast team and giving a stronger gateway to NJ for the B10 teams that already recruit NJ. Like others have said, they'd become Indiana or maybe Northwestern with worse academics. But HEY, their an AAU school playing in a BIG BOY conference! They'd be everyone's "girlfriend".

This really isn't difficult. If a conference was desperate to have member schools in or near the NY DMA they could simply take Rutgers and UConn and call it a day. And yet both the Big Ten and ACC have expanded in the past 12 months and neither did that.

The NFL hasn't had a team in L.A. for 16 years.

Think about it.

But instead, like someone said, after WVU leaves, rutgers will stand as the lone original BE member like the last kid picked in gym class. That alone tells you that nobody believes any of that spin and nobody really cares if they get them. It's about the brand and they are the least desirable of every original member. Fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXeAspbDCWc&feature=related

The trouble is, I can't figure out who is Custer- Rutgers or Marinatto.

The ratings thing is stupid. It would only matter if both games were well games and close. You had options of 2 games. One game was a total blowout, nothing to see. The other game was close. EVERY casual sports fan is going to watch the close game.

You think average people with no rooting interestet will tune in late to watch SU with a 3 td lead? Hell no! They want to see the game coming down to the final minutes.

Rutgers has a way of finding information and skewing it so it makes it look like they actually matter.

6288296023_dbaf1bc025_b.jpg

never in the hsitory of football has such a crappy team thought of its self so highly-

4 good years in a decade and they think they are national champiuonship contenders-yet havent even won the big east even when its been at its lowest skill levels

I am fairly sympathetic to most of the BE teams looking at getting left out ... except for Rutgers. Seems every day that goes by they make me hate them a little more. At this point I really do hope they are stuck in the BE with whatever leftover CUSA teams they can come up with.

never in the hsitory of football has such a crappy team thought of its self so highly-

4 good years in a CENTURY and they think they are national champiuonship contenders-yet havent even won the big east even when its been at its lowest skill levels

Fixed that for ya

...but what is scarey about all of this is that who is believing this from the BG and ACC? Do they see through it?

Delany and Swofford are not idiots. Rutgers is so .

4 good years in a decade and they think they are national champiuonship contenders-yet havent even won the big east even when its been at its lowest skill levels

And Snooki thinks she's hot. Go figure.

Who cares and do you blame them? Really? Even if a rivalry was developing it's not anymore. Fact is, WVU, Pitt, Cuse, Miami, VT, and BC have gone bye bye. The old BE is completely dead and Rutgers is in full fledged survival mode. Cut them some slack, we would have done anything to save ourselves and the BE after the first raid. Maybe they are no more than a blip on the national radar, but it's not wrong of them to try and make the best of this situation. Hate on Rutgers? What for? BE rivalries are already dead. I'm gearing back up for SU/VT and SU/BC.

At this point I really don't care about any remaining BE schools, I just want to get the fudge out of here and anything the remaining schools do to try and find a life raft is ok by me. Even if they claim the NYC market. We already got our invite, they can make any claims they want, it won't affect us. SU/Rutgers is no more, if it ever really was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom