Rutgers = Miami, BC, and Vatech to a lot of people on this board! | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers = Miami, BC, and Vatech to a lot of people on this board!

Shermthegeneral

Starter
It amazes me how many sore losers we have posting on this board. All this negative talk about how Rutgers Will be terrible in the Big Ten And how they will be the East Coast version of Indiana in football Similar to what they were saying about Boston College Virginia Tech and Miami when they made the move to the ACC. it all sounds Like sour grapes to me!

Let's Face it, We left the Big East for a pretty solid conference and we were the envy of the remaining football schools in the league. It just so happened that Rutgers hit a grand slam and was given an invite to another really good league. In my opinion both schools did very well and have very bright futures ahead of them!

I would say most of the anger comes from Rutgers being given a great deal for accomplishing pretty much nothing from an athletics standpoint since forever. Not only are their athletics below average, their finances were an even bigger mess, and now they get bailed out.

I also think many feel we could have gained a significant recruiting edge had Rutgers been left in the rubble of the old BE.

It amazes me how many sore losers we have posting on this board. All this negative talk about how Rutgers Will be terrible in the Big Ten And how they will be the East Coast version of Indiana in football Similar to what they were saying about Boston College Virginia Tech and Miami when they made the move to the ACC. it all sounds Like sour grapes to me!

Let's Face it, We left the Big East for a pretty solid conference and we were the envy of the remaining football schools in the league. It just so happened that Rutgers hit a grand slam and was given an invite to another really good league. In my opinion both schools did very well and have very bright futures ahead of them!

Sherm;

They didn't hit a grand slam. The grand slam hit them. They happened to be situated in amongst lots of TV sets. It had nothing to do with the quality of the athletic program or the school. The Big Ten wanted the land the school sat on.

They pulled a louis from revenge of the nerds and nailed betty childs. Unfortunately for them they have to now take the mask off and face the harsh reality of being a cellar dwellar.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

They pulled a louis from revenge of the nerds and nailed betty childs. Unfortunately for them they have to now take the mask off and face the harsh reality of being a cellar dwellar.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
didnt he end up marrying her? poor analogy... its like Ryan Leaf... he pretended to be awesome... but it was clear as day that he sucks.

didnt he end up marrying her? poor analogy... its like Ryan Leaf... he pretended to be awesome... but it was clear as day that he sucks.

He did...lucky bastard. She was hot

How about Rutgers is an ΩΜ that can win a belching contest?

When the hell were people saying that Miami and VaTech wouldn't be good in the ACC?!

Sherm;

They didn't hit a grand slam. The grand slam hit them. They happened to be situated in amongst lots of TV sets. It had nothing to do with the quality of the athletic program or the school. The Big Ten wanted the land the school sat on.
U forgot to add...'and your Kaiser has been telling u all this for well over a decade'.

This is not a shocking development, just at its timing.

This post would seem more genuine if you didn't show your hand on where you live and why you like that Rutgers is where they are now.

To expect those on this board not living in NJ and not planning to send their kids to Rutgers to be supportive isn't all that realistic.

I hate that a school that didn't try for 99% of their athletic existence gets rewarded because of where they are located. There. I said it.

This post would seem more genuine if you didn't show your hand on where you live and why you like that Rutgers is where they are now.

To expect those on this board not living in NJ and not planning to send their kids to Rutgers to be supportive isn't all that realistic.

I hate that a school that didn't try for 99% of their athletic existence gets rewarded because of where they are located. There. I said it.

Are you calling the UEO a lazy sloth? A guy that only travels south to watch the Yankees with you and me in Baltimore? Because I agree with that.

Are you calling the UEO a lazy sloth? A guy that only travels south to watch the Yankees with you and me in Baltimore? Because I agree with that.

It was a huge achievement for SU to join the ACC.

And it's an historic day for RU: association with Big 10 research universities, huge annual payouts, athletic conference security; as someone who grew up in northeast, I believe this is good for northeast college football even though it makes it a lot more challenging for SU. I would like to see RU as an annual OOC game.

It's also a big win for the Big 10: RU fits well as a state university, AAU member with huge amount of research.
It's a lot easier to create a successful football team then create a state University that is an AAU member located in a contiguous state with a huge, affluent population.

The ACC made a good selection with SU and Pitt and that led to ND joining and it is clear the ACC lacked a consensus to expand beyond that, but in my opinion the ACC left the door open for the Big 10. Given the Big 10 network, it was an obvious move despite the claims of several self appointed experts on RU and the state of NJ.

I thought he was talkin to the OP.

But I can't argue your lazy sloth line. Or southern lookin, I'm really pissed about Maryland, I Giants Tailgate with a couple of Terps, was looking forward to the banter.

Although I did witness a thin, spry young QB outrun that team who stole princetons helmets 1time with 1 shoe, wonder what became of him...

Rutgers in a big5 (or gulp, 4) always made too much sense to me.

I was referring to the original post.

UEO was on the horn today, ordering the YES network so he can get BTN games.

Related story, Kuroda is my favorite news about today. Pettitte is on deck.

I do live in NJ but I'm sure a good number of Cuse fans and alumni live here as well. I'm in no way a Rutgers fan in the least bit! I dream that at least one of my kids will go to SU one day. Right now, A lot of kids coming out of college in NJ look at Rutgers as their last option and who knows if my kids would even want to go to Rutgers at that point. It just seems that a lot of people are bitter over things that are beyond their control. I don't think they didn't try to make a good sports program, they do have some successful sports programs. Can a sports program dictate how good your teams are? If that is the case, SU didnt put any money into either football or basketball back in the 80's and 90's, it wasn't until TGD got to town that there was a noticeable change in spending on the program. We will see how it all turns out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom