Rutgers might use Christie | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers might use Christie

They whined when all the pols got involved along the way, now they want to do the same thing.

rutgers threatened program

Again, the failure up to now of the BE to maintain stability has created instability leading to a lawsit and the involvment of politicians.

Not a good thing for anybody.

Personally, I think Rutgers is better off in the BE. With SU, Pitt, and WVU, their basketball program will now be able to be more competetive and their football program has a much easier path to the BCS. I think the BE will keep the BCS because they need to have at least half the D-1 schools in and besides who would take away anything from a conference w/ Navy and Air Force?

Again, the failure up to now of the BE to maintain stability has created instability leading to a lawsit and the involvment of politicians.

Not a good thing for anybody.

There's so much money at stake in college athletics that politicians getting involved was inevitable. The only way this could have been avoided was if the Big East got a guarantee of a waiver and a BCS AQ bid beyond 2013, which isn't in the interest of the Big 10 and SEC so it wasn't going to happen. I suspect there will be many more lawsuits in the next decade; get used to instability because it's here to stay for the foreseeable future.

I'd imagine he'll have about as much luck as the Senate Minority Leader did.

Assemblyman John Burzichelli (D-Gloucester) is a member of the Assembly budget committee and an unabashed sports fan. He said maintaining a competitive sports program at Rutgers is essential to the University’s bottom line and could have a wide-ranging effect on tuitions and future capital investments.

Don't you have to establish a competitive program (all sports) before you can maintain it?

Privately, Rutgers officials say they would like to follow the lead of the departing colleges instead of being part of a re-configured Big East conference. The Big 10 and the Atlantic Coast Conference remain the most viable options, but Rutgers would likely jump at the first good offer from a major conference with automatic bowl championship eligibility, Rutgers sources said.

As soon as the SEC comes calling Rutgers is out of here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom