Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers

im4cuse

2nd String
This will be a tough game, especially the way we are playing now. Watched their game with GW and they have some players. They are guard oriented and can shoot, particularly little guy Myles Mack (shoots 51% from 3) and Eli Carter. They get to the line a lot and the guards shoot it at or near 90%; as a team 73%. Dane Miller solid as usual, doing a bit of everything. Big guys score most off put backs; have a transfer (Judge) from K-state and Kadeem Jack, a high recruit who's an underachiever so far. They strike me as very tough inside: the soft stuff from DC2 and Rak won't do as they contest every shot hard. They turn it over more than a fair amount as their guards look to score more than set others up. If we can run off this to get some easy ones that will help a lot cuz I think we will struggle in the half court. Rice is nuts on the sideline and they reflect his intensity; we'll see if his demeanor changes in first game back (doubtful). Bottom line, guard play will decide it; hopefully not close at the end where our dismal performance from the line won't kill us.

This will be a tough game, especially the way we are playing now. Watched their game with GW and they have some players. They are guard oriented and can shoot, particularly little guy Myles Mack (shoots 51% from 3) and Eli Carter. They get to the line a lot and the guards shoot it at or near 90%; as a team 73%. Dane Miller solid as usual, doing a bit of everything. Big guys score most off put backs; have a transfer (Judge) from K-state and Kadeem Jack, a high recruit who's an underachiever so far. They strike me as very tough inside: the soft stuff from DC2 and Rak won't do as they contest every shot hard. They turn it over more than a fair amount as their guards look to score more than set others up. If we can run off this to get some easy ones that will help a lot cuz I think we will struggle in the half court. Rice is nuts on the sideline and they reflect his intensity; we'll see if his demeanor changes in first game back (doubtful). Bottom line, guard play will decide it; hopefully not close at the end where our dismal performance from the line won't kill us.

I agree about one thing: Rice is nuts.

I am guessing that Coleman's PT will be down. I expect that the main rotation will be MCW, Triche, Fair, Southerland, and Christmas like usual. I wonder if they might go with a rotation of MCW, Triche, Fair, Grant/Cooney and Southerland to deal with the guards. I am not worried. Rice might be suspended again after the game because he will be cursing so much at their performance.

Thanks for the scouting report. I haven't had a chance to see Rutgers this season, nor much interest in seeing them I must confess.

Every BE team we meet this year will be trying to send us packing with our tail between our legs. This is Rutgers only reg. season shot. It will answer the question if we can handle the heat and come back swinging.

Carter and Mack (their two guards) average more PPG than anybody on our team. They are better 3PT and FT shooters than our guards. Rutgers has lost only one game in their last 10. Look out.

Every BE team we meet this year will be trying to send us packing with our tail between our legs. This is Rutgers only reg. season shot. It will answer the question if we can handle the heat and come back swinging.

Carter and Mack (their two guards) average more PPG than anybody on our team. They are better 3PT and FT shooters than our guards. Rutgers has lost only one game in their last 10. Look out.
Only one team can make this game close. And it is us. If we play well, Rutgers won't be much of a problem. If we don't, they stick around. here is a list of their wins, Sacred Heart, princeton, Boston U., UNC Greensboro, Iona, G.w., UAB, Howard and rider. Quite impressive.

Only one team can make this game close. And it is us. If we play well, Rutgers won't be much of a problem. If we don't, they stick around.

If we are active defensively, we are going to handle them.

If not, it will be a tough game. Simple as that.

We always seem to have trouble with Butgers don't know why. We had a tough time with them last year before Scoop put them away with a couple of big late jumpers. Has Dane Miller been there like 8 years?

I am guessing that Coleman's PT will be down. I expect that the main rotation will be MCW, Triche, Fair, Southerland, and Christmas like usual. I wonder if they might go with a rotation of MCW, Triche, Fair, Grant/Cooney and Southerland to deal with the guards. I am not worried. Rice might be suspended again after the game because he will be cursing so much at their performance.
It's clear that Coleman and Grant only saw extended time lately in case we need them in BE play, which is probably why we didn't see much Triche or BMK either. I don't expect to see Grant for more than 5 minutes in any close Big East game, ditto for Coleman unless Rak is horrible or BMK is in foul trouble.

What was wrong with how we played today?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
We didnt play a complete 40 minute game which is a syracusefan.com pre requisite.

We didnt play a complete 40 minute game which is a syracusefan.com pre requisite.
Actually its because if we're favored by 28 points and we don't score the first 28 points then we suck. Even if we win by 34.

What was wrong with how we played today?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

It's not "how", it's "who". As I said on another thread, I had to click on the link to see who "CCSU" is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom