Rutgirls and MD Might Not Be on BTN For Awhile | Syracusefan.com

Rutgirls and MD Might Not Be on BTN For Awhile

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
LOL...B1G going to keep Rutgirls and UMD off the BTN until cable companies capitulate. What happens if the people don't care? Also, these tactics really don't sound like a nonprofit entity...I think these conferences (schools) are going to be challenged on their nonprofit status...Sen TV Schumer you want some TV time...go after the B1G...:p

http://dc.sbnation.com/2012/12/11/3...big-ten-big-ten-network-comcast-dispute-cable

Mark, this is why News Corp's purchase of YES was important, News Corp will leverage YES with BTN on the basic tier or people in NYC won't get the Yankee games. Its smart because I doubt more than 10% of NYC gives a crap about Rutgers, but they care about the Yankees. Delany is smart, evil man BTN will be on the basic tier IMO.

What happens if they televised a football game...and no one watched?

LOL...B1G going to keep Rutgirls and UMD off the BTN until cable companies capitulate. What happens if the people don't care? Also, these tactics really don't sound like a nonprofit entity...I think these conferences (schools) are going to be challenged on their nonprofit status...Sen TV Schumer you want some TV time...go after the B1G...:p

http://dc.sbnation.com/2012/12/11/3...big-ten-big-ten-network-comcast-dispute-cable

If you really want to get it started, Mark, write out the talking points as you desire (Schumer rarely knows of what he speaks anyway, just so long as it is being recorded), setup a microphone and camera on the Capital Steps, then step back to a safe distance. I have to admit, watching Schumer might be worth the trouble.

4 out of 5 combat veterans agree, the most dangerous place in the world is between Chuck Schumer and camera.

Mark, this is why News Corp's purchase of YES was important, News Corp will leverage YES with BTN on the basic tier or people in NYC won't get the Yankee games. Its smart because I doubt more than 10% of NYC gives a crap about Rutgers, but they care about the Yankees. Delany is smart, evil man BTN will be on the basic tier IMO.

Might be an anti trust issue with that. Also, cable companies and satellites are denying AMC and time warner and cablevision have major fights regularly. The idea that they will capitulate for Rutgers is somewhat comical. Never say never, but I think they overplayed their hand

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Might be an anti trust issue with that. Also, cable companies and satellites are denying AMC and time warner and cablevision have major fights regularly. The idea that they will capitulate for Rutgers is somewhat comical. Never say never, but I think they overplayed their hand
Time to dig out that great line:

"Why Delany, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world... but for Rutgers?"