Ryan Cabiles | Syracusefan.com

Ryan Cabiles

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
So I'm personally kind of a gym rat. I train with weights 4 times a week and do cardio about 4 times a week.

I'm kind of curious what Cabiles methods for strength and conditioning are for the basketball team. I don't think we are getting the most out of some of our players with the shape they are in. I think the biggest reason Cooney struggled at times was because he got too bulky. The same thing could be said for guys like Scoop, Dion, and Triche in the past. I think Lydon put on weight this year(mainly in his chest), but lost a lot of weight during the season as he played 40 minutes each game. I also think his struggles on offense at times were due to the lack of core strength. I'm wondering if we are getting enough out of our strength staff to help our players succeed.

I am not overly pleased with the teams physical development over the last few years either. Who was in charge in 2003? Corey Parker? Those kids really developed muscle and core strength. Look at how much muscle smaller guys like Edelin and GMac added. Warrick and Pace both got a lot stronger without losing quickness. I think they need someone new. Look at the positive results from Edinger taking over football teams S&C.

So I'm personally kind of a gym rat. I train with weights 4 times a week and do cardio about 4 times a week.

I'm kind of curious what Cabiles methods for strength and conditioning are for the basketball team. I don't think we are getting the most out of some of our players with the shape they are in. I think the biggest reason Cooney struggled at times was because he got too bulky. The same thing could be said for guys like Scoop, Dion, and Triche in the past. I think Lydon put on weight this year(mainly in his chest), but lost a lot of weight during the season as he played 40 minutes each game. I also think his struggles on offense at times were due to the lack of core strength. I'm wondering if we are getting enough out of our strength staff to help our players succeed.
This article should answer a lot of questions. It shows a unique approach to a player's development.
How the Utah Jazz built the next Bill Russell

Lydon looks like his S&C Program is eat donuts and lay on the couch. Maybe it's genetics but it doesn't seem like his trainers are doing him any favors.

I am sorry to say everytime they show a closeup of Lydon he always seems like he is ready to belch.

I am sorry to say everytime they show a closeup of Lydon he always seems like he is ready to belch.
Guy is totally worn out. I know JB likes to say 20 year old kids can run 40 minutes straight but it takes its toll over the course of the season. If he comes back maybe he gets 2 to 3 minutes rest each half next year. I think it will do wonders for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom