Sad news ... again | Syracusefan.com

Sad news ... again

cto

Administrator
Mary Dunham, an amazing presence in the Orange Club office for many years, died today after a courageous fight against pancreatic cancer. Mary was one of the warmest, most generous, most competent people you could meet anywhere. She was a special presence in the Orange Club office. Love and sympathy to her family, friends and co-workers.

Her passing is especially poignant ... coming so soon after the passing of her close colleague Chris Gedney. Two wonderful, dedicated people who both bled orange.

30739064_10155649509294958_7408315812433362944_n.jpg

OS X Photos

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.498039)]1 of

Last edited:
Wow, that’s horrible. I knew her a little because my parents were friends with her going back forever. My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family and friends.

Mary Dunham, an amazing presence in the Orange Club office for many years, died today after a courageous fight against pancreatic cancer. Mary was one of the warmest, most generous, most competent people you could meet anywhere. She was a special presence in the Orange Club office. Love and sympathy to her family, friends and co-workers.
Condolences to her friends and family. I have dealt with her from time to time over the years. She was always pleasant and accommodating. I will miss her.

Thank you for sharing CTO. Very sad news, our deepest sympathy to her family, friends and colleagues.

Sad news as it seems the hits keep coming regarding the loss of people within our athletic department. I had the pleasure of meeting her maybe 3...4 or 5 years ago when at the Orange Club office. Very sweet person.

Her passing is especially poignant ... coming so soon after the passing of her close colleague Chris Gedney. Two wonderful, dedicated people who both bled orange.
Close
13615359_10209269695434799_5780152242665331987_n.jpg

20915658_10210013988892290_5399227464507611247_n.jpg

OS X Photos

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.498039)]1 of 59

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.498039)]

[/COLOR]

Very sorry to hear this...She was always great to deal with and very helpful. She always spoke fondly of her family...

SUOrange44

Sadly she was diagnosed less than a year after the death of her younger brother, Paul, also from cancer, and older brother Jerry last year, very shortly after her retirement from SU. She always had a smile and was so full of life. We went to the same high school and she has a wonderful supportive family. RIP Tootie!

OS X Photos

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.498039)]1 of
Another punch to the gut. What a wonderful person to deal with and who bled Orange. She will be missed and my deepest sympathies go out to all who knew her.

Ugh. I interacted with Mary many times throughout the years. Such an awesome woman to be around.

This sucks. Love you, Mary.

Pancreatic Cancer is the worst. Often by the time it’s found there’s not a lot you can do.

Very sad.

Pancreatic Cancer is the worst. Often by the time it’s found there’s not a lot you can do.

Very sad.

Yep. My uncle passed away from it when I was a senior in high school. Seemingly came out of nowhere. Lost a bunch of weight. Within a few months, gone. Terrible. I'll never forget the day I was supposed to go visit him in the hospital with my sister was the day he passed. A big regret of mine was never getting the chance to see him, but part of that is because my mom did not want us to see him in the condition he was in. The fact he passed the day we were supposed to visit is almost a sign he felt the same way. Remember all the good, healthy times. My mom said the visual of him in those last few days is something she will never be able to shake. Big, big SU fan. I still have his VHS recording of the SU/Kansas game. Quite an artifact, with a lot of sentimental value.

Anyway... screw cancer, man.

Yep. My uncle passed away from it when I was a senior in high school. Seemingly came out of nowhere. Lost a bunch of weight. Within a few months, gone. Terrible. I'll never forget the day I was supposed to go visit him in the hospital with my sister was the day he passed. A big regret of mine was never getting the chance to see him, but part of that is because my mom did not want us to see him in the condition he was in. The fact he passed the day we were supposed to visit is almost a sign he felt the same way. Remember all the good, healthy times. My mom said the visual of him in those last few days is something she will never be able to shake. Big, big SU fan. I still have his VHS recording of the SU/Kansas game. Quite an artifact, with a lot of sentimental value.

Anyway... screw cancer, man.

Agreed -- F cancer.

Sorry about your friend, CTO -- condolences.

Another punch to the gut. What a wonderful person to deal with and who bled Orange. She will be missed and my deepest sympathies go out to all who knew her.
This

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom