safety play | Syracusefan.com

safety play

upperdeck

Living Legend
when was the last time we had a safety actually make a solid play on a pass thrown? Perhaps the one INT against PSU? so many times they are 20 yds away from being able to help? I get they have assignments but they should at times be deep to help someone.

This secondary is very frustrating. I like the raw materials / athleticism we have there, and we have much better depth than we've had in years. But something is clearly missing--coaching? Discipline? Something.

Because there is no reason for them to be executing as poorly as they do. Might be time for some changes.

This secondary is very frustrating. I like the raw materials / athleticism we have there, and we have much better depth than we've had in years. But something is clearly missing--coaching? Discipline? Something.

Because there is no reason for them to be executing as poorly as they do. Might be time for some changes.

I typically don't like to comment on talent level after a loss like this. But, the talent and athleticism in the secondary overall is nowhere near as good as many here think it is. It wasn't last year, when we ranked in 91 in pass efficiency D, and it is not any better this year. Yes, we do have more depth, but I am not so sure about the quality of that depth. One indication of that, IMO, is the fact that Anderson is still, apparently, one of the 2 best corners on this team...

I didn't get to see much of the game...did Reddish play at all?

For a school who had Donovan Darius, Marcus Paul, Tebucky Jones, Will Allen, Abrams seeing the group of Defensive Backs we have now is discouraging. Their is lack of talent in the secondary, without talent depth means nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom